• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Tabs

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
      [tab=tab1]Go to 1[/tab] [tab=tab2]Go to 2[/tab] [tab=tab3]Go to 3[/tab] [tab=tab1]Go to 1 again[/tab]

In tab 1
    [tab=tab2]Next[/tab]
    In tab 2
    [tab=tab3]Next[/tab]
    In tab 3

Initially clicking on "Go to 1/2/3" works fine. But if you click on "Next" in tab 1 then "Go to 1" is broken until you click either "Go to 2/3"; presumably it thinks you're still on 1 and ignores the click. Also all of the "Next"s are one-use; again I assume this is because once I've clicked it once the tab thinks it's active and ignores clicks, but using a [tabgroup] doesn't help here either because my tabs aren't direct descendents ("Go to 1 again" seems to prove that duplicate labels are no problem), or because two [tabgroup]s also don't communicate.

Code:
    [PLAIN]
    [tabgroup][tab=tab1]Go to 1[/tab][tab=tab2]Go to 2[/tab][tab=tab3]Go to 3[/tab][tab=tab1]Go to 1 again[/tab][/tabgroup]
    [tabcontent][tabpanel=tab1]In tab 1
    [tab=tab2]Next[/tab][/tabpanel][tabpanel=tab2]In tab 2
    [tab=tab3]Next[/tab][/tabpanel][tabpanel=tab3]In tab 3[/tabpanel][/tabcontent]
    [/PLAIN]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
      [tab=tab1]Go to 1[/tab][tab=tab2]Go to 2[/tab]

In tab 1
    In tab 2

Tabs IDs are shared across a whole page rather than a post. Click the links above and they change the tab in the OP!

Last edited:
    Back