• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Trainer Red's Team?

redjj1

Old School
Years
  • So I'm playing through yellow and just want to use Reds team only (going to pokedex as well).

But what would be Reds team?
    Having Charizard, Venesaur and Blastoise doesn't seem right.
    In 'Pokémon Origins' Red starts with charmander and beats the elite 4 using: Charizard, Jolteon, Lapras, Persian, Dodrio and Scyther.
    In the Manga I know that Red has a Bulbasaur and a Poliwrath?

So What team should I aim to create? Or A combination of all variants of Red?

Years
  • Hmmm...

In the Pokemon Adventures manga his regular team is Poliwrath, Venusaur, Pikachu, Snorlax and Aerodactyl.

His 6th slot gets less consistent but I would probably choose Mewtwo since he does capture it and it was seeing Mew in the woods that began his journey. Solving the mystery of Mew and Mewtwo might be the way to round it off. I think it would also more balance than the Gyarados Misty gave Red that will at occupy this spot a lot, but that is your call.

As you mentioned Red's very first Pokemon is Poliwrath, one he adopted as a poliwhirl after it saved his life as a kid. So if you want to incorporate the manga Poliwrath just seems like a must.

Bulbasaur is the Kanto starter more associated with Red than Charmander or Squirtle, who respectively were the starters of Blue and Green.

Pikachu is Pikachu.

Snorlax is in my opinion his most powerful Pokemon, or at least the one he calls when he really needs help. If Snorlax didn't come through Red would have been defeated by Blue at the pkmn league. This Pokemon just decides a lot of battles.

Aerodactyl. He ressurects this Pokemon and it is another that makes his opponents tremble. When Aerodactyl joined the team I think Red gets described as having the "force to dominate land, sea and air."

Last edited:
    Back