• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl or Platinum? Which one is better?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2021
    Not sure if this is the right place to make this thread, but, I wanted to start my first ROM hack as an easy difficulty hack for myself and to get to know the ropes and eventually share. Is Platinum considered to be more polished and the better choice when making/releasing a ROM hack? Or is it over-saturated with releases? I only chose Diamond/Pearl initially because that's what I was playing when I decided to do this project, however, I know the pacing in Gym leaders is different and I've heard back and forth opinions over whether DP was more difficult than Platinum or not. Just trying to get some feedback on all this.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • Platinum. It's better than DP in more ways than one. DP has glitches that are simply non-existent in Platinum. (And some are existent, but have a far less chance of happening.)

Back