• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Fogs glitch solution?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
I've read around that fogs don't normally work well together when going from one map to another and this is the case for some of my outdoor maps at night. Does anyone know if this has been fixed or if theres a way to do it that doesn't make it glitch? right now I have the fogs on parallel process scripts on each map. which I assume is part of the issue to begin with, but I don't really see another way of doing it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
Just wanted to give an update. This isn't a perfect solution, but it's definitely better than what it normally is.
So instead of setting the event to a parallel process, I tried something different. The fog will be activated by a player touch event every time they leave/enter the area. I also have a player touch event in between the two areas that turns off the fogs completely. This prevents them from looking like they're stacking on top of each other for a minute after youre about ten tiles into the map. Instead what happens is it'll flash between the two tiles with no fog at all, but then transitions into the proper fog without having that stacked look.
so the event is set up something like this one the map.
The X will represent the player touch events on each tile of the map.
so theres an initial row of player touch tiles coming from where the player is

This is the direction the player is coming from
|
|
v
xxxxxxx <-----Player touch event that sets fog to Route 1 Night Fog
XXXXXX <------Player touch event that turns off all fogs
EDGE OF BOTH MAPS WHERE IT CONNECTS is in between--
XXXXXX <------Player touch event that turns off all fogs
xxxxxxx<------Player touch even that sets fog to Next Town Night Fog
|
|
v

Sorry if this was a messy way to get my point across, and sorry if this is how everyone already does it and im late to the party, but for those who may have been doing it the same way as me before, this way looks a lot better.
I'm also thinking about trying it with coitional branches that just check if a fog is active, which would cut the number of event tiles I need to take up in half, but I haven't tested that yet. Although im sure it would work just fine.

Back