• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • Oh don't take that name directly... I'm just making examples. It doesn't sound nice somehow so I won't use it for the fanfic either... Psuedeon = Pseudo + "eon" again a bit obvious, but then not too bad already. New names that sound nice and aren't obvious are very difficult to come by.

Depends on how they show up that will make the original Pokemon popular really... The name can always act as a boost though.

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • teh pwnage Negrek said:
    Yeah, whatever happened to the fanfic battle thing?
    *glowers* AH HAH! YOU'RE SUGGESTING IT'S MY FAULT!

JUST LIKE IT'S MY FAULT THAT SEREBII GREW TOO BIG AND TPT HAS SOME PRETTY BAD AUTHORS!(although most of them rock the planet*coughAshJuniorcough*)

lol Sorry, I was feeling paranoid... XD

I can't quite put my finger on the reason, but I think it has something to do with intimidation. I mean, of the first four authors in the thread, three are well-known fanficcers(this would be my cue to degrade myself, but too bad), so anything that comes after would hafta be written by one of the 'elevated, immortal demi-gods'(not a literal translation, just a representation of the mentality) like LilyPichu or Chibi Pika or, y'know, somebody like that.

That's how I felt when I first got into fanfiction, and it's how a lotta other people feel, from all I've seen. XP
    Warning: long and boring monologue ahead.
    Mine pwns yours. XD
    That was a few years ago, and when I decided to do a fanfic set in another region I didn't want to use that one because you could tell we made it up when I was 11.
    XP I know what you mean. I've got half a dozen or more stories buried in this comp that wasted my talent with lousy n00b plots like 'kid ran out of evil teams to beat up because of some moron called Mash Ketchup or something like that, so he's retired on a beautiful island until he hears of an ubermean team that's pwning everybody else, so he takes his lean, mean team and tears them in half over the forty chapters or so of the fic'. Whee. XP XD

First, I figured out what would have caused that region to have become isolated from the others, or in other words, why it hadn't yet been explored in the games or anime. I figured out that I could use that as a plot device as well. Next, I decided what sort of effects the region's isolation would have on its inhabitants. When had it become isolated? What sort of culture would be there? Technology? Philosophy? After that came climate and a rough map sketch. Add characters, pokemon, and poof: Waytar.
    Random question: Why is every new region an island? XD I mean, Antarctica has some nice scenery... XD

That aside, this is interesting. Aside from the fact that you've now piqued my curiousity, aside from the fact that you've obviously put a lot of effort into this, it's almost exactly what I'm doing... XP XD

Random questions: Are you gonna release that fic on PC and, if so, when? Also, what does 'Waytar' stand for? Combination of abbreviated words? A different language? Or does it just sound cool?
    teh uber Billy said:
    SilverBlaze! I'm almost done with mine. I had to take a major break from writing and stuff because I still had a lot of summer work to do. I'm almost done with my summer work now, though, and I'm gonna post my part on monday (gone for the weekend). Yeah, sorry for the uber delay.
    Awesome, d00d! XD I'll be waiting! *voice of Doom* As will the rest of the world... Or else... XD
    the Maker of Frozen Tapestries said:
    Pokemon naming... most of the time it gets on my nerves though... I do feel the irresistable urge to go "-1 mark" when I see a "Firebal" running around as the fire starter.
    Heh, except in parodies. That's about the only time they're acceptable.
    Of course, we don't know what happened to Luvdisc
    Well, it was either that or something like 'Passionfish' or 'Kissme' or something horrible like that. XP XD

Question: Where do they fit all these regions in the first place? Are the regular continents like Asia and the Americas just not there?

?SilverBlaze09?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think Jacrystal would work as Jacry to [Jack-ree] Sounds pretty nice ^^;

Anyways...I have a question about writing. How often do you all write? I can't even make myself write, unless I actually feel like it. And yes, I know that to be good, you're supposed to write for an hour each day...even if it's just random stuff.

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Anyways...I have a question about writing. How often do you all write? I can't even make myself write, unless I actually feel like it. And yes, I know that to be good, you're supposed to write for an hour each day...even if it's just random stuff.
    I find the hardest part is actually getting to my projects.

Once I turn MSWord on, with a radio playing and some snacks handy, the stuff comes pouring out.

When I hit writer's block or writer's procrastination, I just sit down and force myself to just keep typing, even if you write mostly dialogue... Then you'll eventually get past the hard parts and slam through the rest of it. XD

?SilverBlaze09?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Procrastination is a good word for it o.o;

I always have to listen to music XD Usually it'd be Casting Crowns or Jars of Clay :)

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Mood music is good.

When I'm writing a sad or gloomy scene, I like to put on Paul Cardell. When I'm writing action, I like listening to TobyMac. When I want to write humor, RelientK or TobyMac. For everything else, I listen to almost anything. dcTalk is usually good at those times.

Question: What do y'all do when you're developing your characters? I mean, how do you build them into what you want them to be? Do you keep a graph?

?SilverBlaze09?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think I just let them take their own course. K'tol, Cadric, and Luape are the only ones I have strict personality traits for. They're re-occuring characters in my fantasy books.

K'tol- Pretty much an angel. He's my perfect character that's actually similar to a demi-god. K'tol's a forest elf.

Cadric- K'tol's son. Mortal, and a lot more human than his father. He mixes about 80% good with the rest being kind of cold or mean at times. He's elf/human. Because his mother, Rose, was a human.

Laupe- Evil anti-self of me. You'll noticed I rearranged my name and added the "e" XD He's possessed by a demon for most of the first story, and a dark elf. Also K'tol's twin.

Otherwise my characters get twisted to fit my whim XD

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • For my first few fics, I just kept some main characteristics in my head and worked through the story with those in mind. Like, for example, if there was an attack by rabid chickens, and I had 'sadist' locked in my head for that character, I'd write about how he used boiling water to cook them alive or some other evil act.

Now, though, I've been using a full character sheet for them. Details and stuff. I find that it's helping my writing to put all the details down beforehand. XD

?SilverBlaze09?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    That's the way you're "supposed to do it", but I've never written down anything >.<; It's a bad habit of mine to just write and write without a story structured out.

I've tried it before, but, I always go off on a tangent and find it becomes hard to follow my original plan.

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • That's the way you're "supposed to do it", but I've never written down anything >.<; It's a bad habit of mine to just write and write without a story structured out.

I've tried it before, but, I always go off on a tangent and find it becomes hard to follow my original plan.
    I think you misunderstood me. I only plan out the CHARACTERS.

The story is whatever comes out of my head. When I put my characters into strange circumstances, it's handy to have a character sheet to look at. XD

?SilverBlaze09?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2014
    Hey, I feel stupid for asking this question but what exactly is "anime style battling" defined as? I hear the term over and over again but I still don't know what is exactly meant by it. My guess its where the trainers constantly go "oh no!" "you can do it!" but Im not sure.

THat fanfic battle thing looks really fun, I would love to be able to take on Negrek to avenge all the fics she's slaughtered (just kidding...) but Im already working on a huge battle fic that is taking forever to write. Good luck to Billy whose about to take on SilverBlaze (be warned Silverblaze, he's goign to probably take another 4 months *cough* A Very "Special" Pokemon *cough*)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I believe anime fighting is more where you see the battle from the trainer's speech. Like:

"Come'on tauros! Use tackle!" Red shouted

Blue was ready though, "Dragonite, dodge and use hyperbeam!"

And so on.

SB- Ya. I couldn't even use character sheets though XD I keep things neatly filed in my head :D

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Yah, it be good to have a brain that is good at multitasking. XD

I've just started using character sheets, so yeah. I still like developing the characters with the sheets, it's just cool-looking.

Icemanguy: I have little idea what Anim? style battling is, but I think it's where you show your battles rather than rely on the reader's imagination solely. XP

?SilverBlaze09?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    It's in one of Frosty's guides ^^; [about anime battling]

If I did character sheets, I'd have to have a format made out for the computer and type anything. Handwriting kills me. I've just gotten so good with my typing skills, it's a lot faster XD

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • If I did character sheets, I'd have to have a format made out for the computer and type anything. Handwriting kills me. I've just gotten so good with my typing skills, it's a lot faster XD
    *raises eyebrow* That's all I do, and online, no less. XD

I only use handwriting for school, because it's easier and faster to fix stuff on the computer. XD

Iceking said:
    THat fanfic battle thing looks really fun, I would love to be able to take on Negrek to avenge all the fics she's slaughtered (just kidding...) but Im already working on a huge battle fic that is taking forever to write. Good luck to Billy whose about to take on SilverBlaze (be warned Silverblaze, he's goign to probably take another 4 months *cough* A Very "Special" Pokemon *cough*)
    Insider information, hmm? XD

I find that it's faster to write a one-shot battle than anything else. It's like Pok?mon battles were made for one-shots. XD

?SilverBlaze09?

Flatulus

God of Wind
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 17, 2005
    FrostWeaver, thanks for reviewing my fic and i'll try to improve on the points you had... Much like i tried to do after your last review of it. I would love to have you look at the whole thing, as I'm sure you'd find a lot more for me to work on.

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Do you have a program, or a site to go to to make sheets? o.o;
    *chuckles* Nope, I develop it myself. It looks like this:

Name:
    Age/Gender:
    Weight:
    Height:
    Eyes:
    Hair:
    Skin:
    Other:

The 'Other' is where I put the description together and add a history for the character. XD

Pretty easy, if ah say so mahself. XD

?SilverBlaze09?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    That's a good idea ^^

I'd probably use it more for emotional/disposition tracking instead of physcial traits. The latter is really easy to remember for me. I'm good at visualiation XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back