• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon RedChal

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hi guys. I'm getting back into uni and rehearsals now so progress on this will be slow. I am pretty much almost done with the first two major landmarks and will be moving on to Route 3 and Mt. Moon, and I'm almost completely done with battle backgrounds (they look great - thanks hashtag!). I'll try to do updates as much as possibly.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hey everyone! I realize this topic kind of died, but fret not! RedChal is still under development, and I would say that progress is coming along quite nicely...

mOqARY7.png
blpMdSU.png
bbCTUhU.png
3f5j8Pb.png

SaisgEm.png
P9DJbBk.png
jP171rq.png
MiDllT0.png

Keep on rolling in those suggestions, and I'll make sure to get an alpha out as quickly as I can!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 6, 2021
Nice! I love that you've implemented pokemon in the overworld. And the map edits look sweet! Out of all the FR improvement hacks, yours is definitely looking among the most polished and I can't wait to play it.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I got an idea, assuming it hasn't been implimented or suggested.

Suggestion: Proper EV training method

Description: Due to fire red and leaf green lacking the EV reducing berries seen in emerald the only way to effectively EV train up till that point was to breed all your pokemon once you were able to reach the breeding center, which I always found to be a huge ripoff because some of the pokemon you would meet along the way that you use in your first e4 run might have already had good IVs and possibly a good hiddenpower attack in turn. Trying to breed it over to EV train it would have likely screwed everything up (especially since destiny knot/power items didnt exist to retain IVs during breeding). To make up for this I was thinking of possibly a variant of X/Y's super training to increase/decrease EVs using the mini games seen on 2 Island as a base.

Relevant Area: Possibly scripting

Related Research/Method: Hex editing (maybe? not sure but its the best I can think of)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years

jan2prado​

Suggestion: IV Improvement
Description: An IV editing item that you can only get from finishing the whole game or some really hard quest I guess? Or it could be something along like IV candy or something like that that would up a Pokemon's IV from 1-3? It could be a prize from competing in mini games I guess?

Gen 3's PID Generation is crappy, there's like 1 in bajillion chance you can get a single perfect IV in one stat. Unless you give a 6IV Ditto and somehow implement the new Breeding Mechanics, i think this would be a good substitution.
Relevant Area: I guess if it's going to be a prize then it would be Scripting, Hex & ASM Editing
Related Research/Method: I didn't really see any research on this but I see hacks that kind of implemented this already, see: Pokemon Kanto Black. Also, if you want to update the Breeding Mechanics instead,
I think Nameless FireRed Project implemented it, but has some bugs though.​

Last edited:

rom_downloader

Send me beta invites.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
[*cd="background-color: #ff6961; border-radius: 20px; padding: 10px; color: white; width: 300px"]

rom_downloader

[/cd]
Suggestion: New protagonist
Description: Can we have a white-haired male protagonist. It is really tiring to see all blondes and black haired guys. Also, can we have updated grass textures?
Relevant Area: Use one of the following: "Graphics"
Related Research/Method: Just my suggestions :D​

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 30, 2020

Android18

Suggestion: Exclusive 1 of a kind pokemons no evolution and not breedable.
Description: In the pokemon tower in Lavender Town you need the silph scope to reveal the wayward pokemon Marowak, you could use the alola sprite for it, as it is a ghost type, (there is no need to catch marowak as cubone is available.)
A fighting event where you have to battle with fighting type level based pokemon, 1st win "macho brace" 2th win a "machoke evolution item / fighting type mega stone if present ingame" 3th win a "cosplay pikachu libre" electric and fight type.
Relevant Area
:
Use one of the following: "Scripting" "Mapping" "Graphics"
Related Research/Method
:
Mandatory for Hex & ASM Editing suggestions, useful for other types. Use tag.[/justify][/div]

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I got an idea, assuming it hasn't been implimented or suggested.

Description: Due to fire red and leaf green lacking the EV reducing berries seen in emerald the only way to effectively EV train up till that point was to breed all your pokemon once you were able to reach the breeding center, which I always found to be a huge ripoff because some of the pokemon you would meet along the way that you use in your first e4 run might have already had good IVs and possibly a good hiddenpower attack in turn. Trying to breed it over to EV train it would have likely screwed everything up (especially since destiny knot/power items didnt exist to retain IVs during breeding). To make up for this I was thinking of possibly a variant of X/Y's super training to increase/decrease EVs using the mini games seen on 2 Island as a base.

Relevant Area: Possibly scripting

Related Research/Method: Hex editing (maybe? not sure but its the best I can think of)

jan2prado​

Suggestion: IV Improvement
Description: An IV editing item that you can only get from finishing the whole game or some really hard quest I guess? Or it could be something along like IV candy or something like that that would up a Pokemon's IV from 1-3? It could be a prize from competing in mini games I guess?

Gen 3's PID Generation is crappy, there's like 1 in bajillion chance you can get a single perfect IV in one stat. Unless you give a 6IV Ditto and somehow implement the new Breeding Mechanics, i think this would be a good substitution.
Relevant Area: I guess if it's going to be a prize then it would be Scripting, Hex & ASM Editing
Related Research/Method: I didn't really see any research on this but I see hacks that kind of implemented this already, see: Pokemon Kanto Black. Also, if you want to update the Breeding Mechanics instead,
I think Nameless FireRed Project implemented it, but has some bugs though.​

Hi guys. Could you please update these suggestions with links to posts that outline how to implement the features you're requesting? I'm unable to use these suggestions without those, and they're required for consideration regardless. (also, looney, put your suggestions in the CSS :v)

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Jul 15, 2017
I Love It.. some questions
1. Can I Be Beta Tester
2. Is There A Tag We Can Use To Support You

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I Love It.. some questions
1. Can I Be Beta Tester
2. Is There A Tag We Can Use To Support You

I don't need any more beta testers, but thanks for offering! I don't have a banner tag currently, but you're welcome to link to this thread if you want.

any update ? :(

Summer has been particularly busy with work, so progress isn't going great. (I've also gotten distracted by new games I bought...) This should start up at some point, but it'll be a whilw before release because my life is busy.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
the changes on the pokemons are based on balances or ideological persepctive?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 3, 2022
i never believed in "love at first sight" that is until i saw this hack! Good luck! I look forward to playing it :3

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
strange, when I made my suggestion I swore I used the template you provided. I'll try again and try to do it right this time.

Your Username

looneyman1

Description: Due to fire red and leaf green lacking the EV reducing berries seen in emerald, the only way to effectively EV train up till that point was to breed all your pokemon once you were able to reach the breeding center, which as we know to get to that you need to clear the main game and then get the national pokedex. I always found to be a huge ripoff because some of the pokemon you would meet along the way that you use in your first e4 run might have already had good IVs and possibly a good hiddenpower attack in turn. Trying to breed it over to EV train it would have likely screwed everything up, especially since destiny knot/power items didnt exist to retain IVs during breeding. To make up for this I was thinking of possibly a variant of X/Y's super training to increase/decrease EVs using the mini games seen on 2 Island as a base.

Relevant Area: Scripting and coding

Related Research/Method: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204861

I will be honest, I'm not too sure if the link will help with my suggestion, but after looking it over I feel it might since the issue of item behavior is a scripting issue and to include the behaviors of the pomeg/tamato/ect berries as seen in Emerald onward so they can reduce EVs when fed to a pokemon would logically involve altering said berries' coding. I hope what I provided helps all the same even if my hopes for a fire red game with a modernized EV training system never come to be.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
Everything looks so good! Please keep the good job, can't wait for the release.

Back