• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Stupid Version

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    This hack was made because I wanted to make a hack, but I am really bad at hacking. So I decided to stay simple, changing a lot using tools that were already available, and with little hex editing/ASM.

Storyline: The story is pretty much the same as FR/LG. The characters say different things, so you should have a decent knowledge of where to go in FR/LG or you could very well become lost.
    Features:
    • NPCs have nicknamed pokemon (hasn't been widely implemented yet)
    • Catching trainer's pokemon
    • New moves, Pokemon, and Items
    • Lots of memes
    • Decapitalisation in certain areas
    • Trainers have new teams
    • The champion and certain other trainers have been swapped
    • New maps

Coming soon:
    • More nicknamed pokemon
    • Every move, item, and pokemon will be changed
    • More memes
    • Complete decapitalization
    • more new teams
    • more new maps
    • postgame content

Screenshots (warning: big pictures):
    Intro
    Spoiler:

IPS patch:
    in attachments, PM me for older versions.

Current version: 0.0.2

Attachments

• 0.0.2.ips
      33.6 KB · Views: 55
    • FR Stupid Version.ips
      6.6 KB · Views: 33
    Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Where are the "funny" memes you posted in your images? I' didn't found them in the beginning of the game......

Oh, those are from the upcoming update. I'll upload it sometime today.

Edit: I've uploaded 0.0.2. It should have all content from the pictures, and a little more.

Last edited:

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen today
    Sounds really stupid cool! You should add meme starters, imo

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    A few notes: apparently a few firered ROMs haven't been working with Stupid Version. This can cause glitches like text corruption, loss of data, unusual saving of data, and possibly more glitches. The only solution is to try a different ROM.

2nd: Development is gonna be a bit slow with the holiday season coming up & other personal stuff, but 0.0.3 should be out by January 15th.

3rd: This hack is also getting a name change from Pokemon Stupid Version to Creatures you throw rocks at Stupid Version. All Pokeballs will be replaced with stock images of rocks. This is to avoid copyright C&Ds.

4th: So far I have been unable to change the title screen or control tutorials successfully. You will need to get to the Pikachu Box or Oak Text to know if the patching was successful.

Finally, I am accepting Requests. Want to submit a name for a trainer? A design for a creature you throw rocks at? If it's dumb, I'll add it in!

Sounds really stupid cool! You should add meme starters, imo
    Those are currently planned, but it's gonna be a while before I can change Pokemon themselves. My immediate goal is to finish changing Moves, Items, and then Trainers.

(Man this is a bigger update then I thought O_o)
    Another note: I'm gonna try to have every single IPS patch available on this thread, not just the latest one which I had said above^
    To do this, I'm gonna have 3 files in the OP at any time. 0.01 and 0.02, because the OP was the official announcement post for those versions, and the latest version will be there too.

What happens if 0.04 is out but you wanna play 0.03? No problem. From now on I'll make a post every time I update a new patch, and have the patch uploaded on that post.

Hope this isn't too confusing!

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Another small notice: I got a new computer and all my files are on my old one, which is gonna delay progress just a bit. 0.0.3 will be out by January 20th.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Unfourtunatly Pokemon Stupid Version has gotten a C&D. I will post a picture of the note soon, but for now progress on the hack is cancelled. Thank yall for the support, it had a good run.

Edit: Planning on taking NOA to court. Wish me luck!

Edit 2: I was able to bribe Nintendo. 0.0.3 will be coming out, but idk about after that.

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Unfourtunatly Pokemon Stupid Version has gotten a C&D. I will post a picture of the note soon, but for now progress on the hack is cancelled. Thank yall for the support, it had a good run.

Edit: Planning on taking NOA to court. Wish me luck!

Edit 2: I was able to bribe Nintendo. 0.0.3 will be coming out, but idk about after that.
    kip please my sides are hurting
    i mean

nice to see that something will still be coming out of this!

MUDKIP!!!

Version 0.0.3 is now released. I'll add it to this post in a min.

Expect next version in February or March.

Attachments

• 0.0.3.ips
      179 bytes · Views: 13

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Bribery, huh? CBM shoud have done that and then we would have had a final release for Prism.

Features are coming along well, however my internets been reaaaaally bad and I haven't been able to upload screenshots of the game yet. You can expect almost 20% of the moves to be changed, as well as a few more cities.
    I'm planning on the release date for 0.0.3 to be on March 10.

Back