• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Can't get stairs to work properly

Years
  • Hello all, I'm having an issue with stairs :(
    I've set the movement permissions and warp locations to mimic those in the big house in Celadon where the old lady gives you the tea. Despite this stairs behave in the opposite way to what I'd expect;

So I have a staircase leading up in the top right hand corner of the map, I step on the warp tile and nothing happens. I turn to fac the other way and it plays the animation of my character walking down stairs in the wrong direction, takes me to the warp and the same thing happens when trying to back down, it shows the animation of my character walking up stairs in the wrong direction. Any advice on how to make them behave properly?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Can you show us a picture of your events tab? That would really help us understand the layout of your map.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Sideways staircases have two components: the warp and the behaviour byte of tile its placed on. Behaviours 0x6C - 0x6F are the ones you're after, either experiment with them to find the ones that work correctly or look at which tile behaviours are used where in the base game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Sideways staircases have two components: the warp and the behaviour byte of tile its placed on. Behaviours 0x6C - 0x6F are the ones you're after, either experiment with them to find the ones that work correctly or look at which tile behaviours are used where in the base game.

Back from the dead, eh? :P

Years
  • Thanks to both of you, I had the wrong tiles set in front of the stairs as the floor, and as suggested it seems those tiles' behaviours define the animation type, not the stairs itself XD

XXXXXXXX

Back