• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Phoenix Orb Project???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I know I'm new here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but I (like many others) ordered a Phoenix orb around Christmas last year and I recently went back to their website to check and see if they had anything new out and they have shut down their website. They've also shut down their Facebook, Etsy, instagram, and YouTube account. Does anyone know what happened? Did I get scammed? I thought this was a decently established company.

---

MOD EDIT: Please read the final post in this thread to get the final update on the Cease + Desist sent out to the Phoenix Orb Project team.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Don't know much about the situation, but their Instagram page still looks to be active (link), with their most recent post from a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, looking through some of the comments on their pictures, it seems a few other people have been dealing with this issue, too.

I'm not sure if you purchased it through them directly or through Etsy, but if it was the latter, it wouldn't hurt looking into contacting them and letting them know what's happened (link). Worst case scenario, keep your eyes on their Instagram for any updates, and check around other social media to see if anything changes. Hopefully you'll be able to get your Poke Balls soon, or at least hear something more about the situation!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    It was down yesterday, they must have just put it back up. They've also disabled comments on their instagram page. There's some shady business going on here.

BethPete24

Cerberus
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    It's a scam, I'm in the same boat but I ordered in the summer last year. If you bought through PayPal file a claim right away. If you aren't past the six month mark they may be able to get your money back. I also filed a complaint on ICE's Internet Crkme Complaint Center: ic3.gov

Doing internet searches on the company makes me think they are in Singapore but who knows. $100 down the toilet on this company. I just hope nobody else gets taken by them in the future.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2017
    Hey there,

Same as me, I ordered on Dec 15th, tried contacting them but no replies.

Luckily I paid with PayPal, their new policies allow to open disputes over 180 days so I just tried contacting them there today, if no word on upholding the preorder I'll just get a refund.

EDIT: I just got my Money back from PayPal, the 150 something USD woulda cost be around 250AUD so thank goodness I got my money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2017
    I did my payment with PayPal but the quick checkout one where you don't need an account but just put in your card details instead.

It was via PayPal though. Do you think there's any chance of me getting my money back? PayPal support seems to require an account....

Years
  • If you made the order within the last 6 months, you may be able to contact Paypal via e-mail or phone, provided you have all the other necessary information. It may not hurt to get in contact with your bank/credit card provider too, if you're having issues with Paypal. Some of them will offer insurance on things like this, as long as you make a claim within a reasonable amount of time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2017
    I think I made my order last October or so.

But now after seeing this thread and *confirmation* of a sort that the company is dead, then I'll definitely be chasing this up. Hopefully it all works out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    I created an account just to reply to this chain. Anyway, I've contacted my bank and PayPal and thought I'd fill everyone in with what I've been told.

Like others I made my order in the summer of 2016. I didn't see the transaction in my PayPal history so I had to call PayPal customer service. She was able to find my order after I gave her the Receipt Number from my email receipt (PayPal customer service may be able to find the transaction if you give other information in case you don't have the Receipt Number.). She said she'd email the seller and get a refund from them (I'm not too confident that this'll work though.).

She also suggested calling my bank which I did but unfortunately my bank can't do anything about it. When I was speaking with the bank lady she said to check with consumer business affairs (or division of consumer protection) in my state to see if they can do anything.

I found this scam tracking website, link is https://www(dot)scamadviser(dot)com/check-website/thephoenixorbproject(dot)com which shows an email for the webpage owner which I'm definitely going to contact. The email was nodeprojectsg@yahoo(dot)com (I had to replace each . with (dot) to get around the rule about having to make 5 posts before I can post links.)

The last thing I have to say is that the bank lady also said to see if anyone has a lawsuit thingy against this guy. It might not be worth what we paid but the more people who're on this lawsuit the better case we'd have against this guy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2017
    Hi, I also created an account just to post to this thread.
    They were not a scam company, I was a customer of theirs. The Phoenix Orb Project was shut down by Nintendo with a Cease and Desist order as Nintendo didn't like the fact that they were making and selling Pokeballs without their consent. They are currently in the process of issuing refunds through Paypal and you should go through them to get the refund. With how fast their site got shut down, there was no time to back up order data to automatically issue refunds. It may take a while as they have been inundated with requests as a lot of people thought as you did. They revealed this on a Facebook post yesterday.

Years
  • Looks like this is true (see the attached image from their official pages down below). A shame to see this happen, and can only hope that any of you guys that didn't receive your order can manage to get this resolved in a quick manner. Not much more discussion left for this thread though, so I'm going to close this up.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back