• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Great Video Game Romance

pkmin3033

It's inevitable that when you get two characters who interact for even a fraction of a second - hell, not even that seems to be required sometimes - people ship them. But sometimes the developers do too! A common theme in video games is romance: be it a motivator, a by-product of the story, or something you can partake of with your own custom character, love is often in the air in video games in some form.

So, what are your favourite canon romances in video games - either those that are part of the story, or those you have instigated yourself as part of a game's affection system? What makes a good romance to you in a video game, and what has you turning away in disgust?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Saying canon is tricky, because a lot of my favorite pairings are totally optional and one choice out of many. If I say Fire Emblem or Persona, you'll get what I mean.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    River & Johnny's love story is the saddest and greatest of all time. I also loved Zack & Aerith - something about sad, star-crossed lovers really get me for some reason :thonk:

TY

The only story I've gotten to know was the one between Jim Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan in StarCraft, although i probably have missed on a lot of them because I dont pay much attention to such things at all in video games xD

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • The only story I've gotten to know was the one between Jim Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan in StarCraft, although i probably have missed on a lot of them because I dont pay much attention to such things at all in video games xD

Only RTS shipping I know of outside of Arthas and Jaina Proudmoore in Warcraft(didn't happen for a number of reasons, not the least of which was Arthas going mad due to Frostmourne(a Sword)). There's also Legend of Zelda where Link&Zelda are hitched together(not officially mind you but hinted big time) in several titles(not the least of which was Breath of the Wild). Ocarina of Time though... got Saria, Malon, Ruto(where Link technically gets married from Zora's Sapphire) and Nabooru. My favorite of the Zelda pairings though would have been Link&Saria(granted I know Saria can't "age" due to being Kokiri).

TY

Only RTS shipping I know of outside of Arthas and Jaina Proudmoore in Warcraft(didn't happen for a number of reasons, not the least of which was Arthas going mad due to Frostmourne(a Sword)). There's also Legend of Zelda where Link&Zelda are hitched together(not officially mind you but hinted big time) in several titles(not the least of which was Breath of the Wild). Ocarina of Time though... got Saria, Malon, Ruto(where Link technically gets married from Zora's Sapphire) and Nabooru. My favorite of the Zelda pairings though would have been Link&Saria(granted I know Saria can't "age" due to being Kokiri).

Well ive never played any of the Zelda games at all nor have I played Warcraft (though I should someday) so i never knew xD

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Well ive never played any of the Zelda games at all nor have I played Warcraft (though I should someday) so i never knew xD

Highly recommend you give Zelda franchise a go at some point. The early Zelda games were extremely hard(especially the "Black Sheep" title in Zelda II) if you didn't know what to do but if you want a good title to get introduced to it, I'd go for OoT honestly. That or Windwaker. If you want a more recent title, then Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword or the latest in Breath of the Wild would do.

Also don't forget Sonic and Amy Rose.

Back