• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Abilities similar to plus and minus?

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
I've been trying to add new abilities similar to plus and minus. The ability true sword is supposed to increase the attack stats if their partner has the ability true shield. This ability is working as intended. However, the other ability, true shield, which is supposed to increase defenses if their partner has the ability true sword, is not working and just causes an error to pop up.

Code:
if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:TRUESWORD) #True Sword
partner=attacker.pbPartner
if partner.hasWorkingAbility(:TRUESHIELD)
atkmult=(atkmult*1.5).round
end
end
if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:TRUESHIELD) #True Shield
if opponent.pbPartner.hasWorkingAbility(:TRUESWORD)
defense=(defense*1.5).round
end
end

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
it should be like this
if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:TRUESHIELD) #True Shield
partner=attacker.pbPartner
if partner.hasWorkingAbility(:TRUESWORD)
atkmult=(defmult*1.5).round
end
end

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
That's what I had originally. I've tried a few different things, but the pokemon still takes normal damage. Thanks for the response though!

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Maybe the second part could be something like
Code:
    atkmult=(atkmult*2.0/3.0).round
  end
end

I'm reducing the attack multiplier by ⅔, which should be the same as multiplying the defense by 1.5.

There's probably some way to do it through defense, but because you didn't post the error message I have no idea what's wrong.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
Maybe the second part could be something like
Code:
    atkmult=(atkmult*2.0/3.0).round
  end
end

I'm reducing the attack multiplier by ⅔, which should be the same as multiplying the defense by 1.5.

There's probably some way to do it through defense, but because you didn't post the error message I have no idea what's wrong.

Hey, this worked, thanks!

Back