• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
  • This is my first time showing off one of my hacks professionally, so I apologise if this has mistakes. Anyways, In this thread, I present to you Pokemon Emerald. The gameplay is exactly the same as it has been so all the guides you've used before will continue to work. There are a few graphical differences and a few new areas compared to normal Pokemon Emerald, but none of these are required visits and, thus, are not needed to check out to progress the game.

New Areas (You do not need to visit them to progress the game in any way)

The first new area you'll discover is in Littleroot Town. There is a blue house next door to Professor Birch's lab (all the yellow houses with red roofs are now completely blue). If you inspect the sign, you'll see that the house belongs to Professor Evergreen. Upon walking in and talking to Professor Evergreen, you'll find that he was sent to Hohen to investigate sightings of new Pokemon that appear to look like Kanto, Johto and Hohen Pokemon, however, he says he is not feeling good and wants you to go in his stead to investigate. More details on those Pokemon later (I'll give extra credit if you guys can figure out the new Pokemon before even leaving this section).

The next area is in Mauville City, but to get to it, you must have beaten your dad and have surf. On route 110, surf in the unobstructed water patch by the bike path and travel like you're going to New Mauville, but instead, blow right past it and try to bypass the water rocks, and you'll notice that you can surf over one. Continue and go up and you'll reach a house. This house is present in the original Emerald, but not accessible nor is there map data for it (meaning this house wasn't scrapped). Talking to the old man reveals that his house is older than Mauville City itself and that it had to be grandfathered in when Mauville was founded.

The final new area is on Route 121. When you get near Lillycove City, you'll notice that the Safari Zone Building is gone. Walking through where it used to be takes you to a Safari Zone town inspired by the one in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but with only two houses and the zone. The leftmost house is Warden Baoba's temp house for when he visits from Kanto while the rightmost house is Warden John's house, who founded the Hohen Safari Zone after Warden Baoba franchised the concept to other regions. There is an issue with this map and you are highly encouraged to have a Pokemon with fly before entering this town. I'll explain this later.

Easter Eggs

Once you have surf, head to either the Slateport or Lillycove shipyard and stand on the tile next to the ticket person and hit A. You'll find that you can surf on it. Surfing to the right will exit the building, putting you in the water next to the building, but for reasons unknown, you'll be not surfing and will need to fly to escape. I even looked at the water tiles used in front of the Aqua hideout in Lillycove and the ones inside to see if those are different and they aren't. the warps I have aren't different either so IDK why that happens.

Scorched Slab on Route 120 has an awesome secret. Find out for yourself what it is.

Artisan Cave (the one with Smeargale) in the Battle Frontier also has an awesome secret. Find out for yourself what it is.

The tan buildings with the red roof are now all blue. There may be a few (such as the shard for stone trader) that are part red, part blue. Not a huge deal, just forgot to edit them.

The Pokemon Center's roof is now Yellow instead of red.

The New Pokemon

The new Pokemon are the Shinoh add ons sans Leafeon and Glaceon. The Pokedex has been expanded to support these new Pokemon along with already existing Pokemon (so they are available without the national dex, and so they are consistent with the original Hohen dex). Some existing Pokemon have also been moved to accomodate the new evolutions and some one form Kanto Pokemon were brought in to fill in the space emptied by the swapping. (Example: Surskit and Masquerin had to be moved so I could place Gallade below Gardevoir, but nothing would be occupying Masquerin's former slot so Farfetch'D was brought in to fill it).

Bugs

This game didn't turn out completely bug free, but none of these bugs affect gameplay at all unles you forget to have a Pokemon with fly when you encounter certain bugs. Here are the list of them and what you need to do to trigger them.

Walking on water when exiting the Slateport or Lillycove shipyard through the surf only exit: To activate, stand on the tile next to the ticket taker and press A to activate surf. Surf to the right to exit the building and you'll be standing on the water instead of surfing. To fix, just simply fly away. If you don't have fly, you are stuck and will have to restart from wherever you saved last so PLEASE proceed with caution before doing this until a fix can be achieved.

Stuck in Safari City: When you enter Safari City and try to leave, you can't leave despite route 121 being visible. Entering and exiting a house will reveal that route 121 is gone and that there is just trees there now, acting like you are in a house. You can run, but you can't bike (similar to Silph Co in Fire Red). To leave, simply fly out. Make sure you have a Pokemon with fly in your party or in the PC (it's in the Safari Zone's Admission Center). I have no idea why this occurs as all the map connections are fine.

Minor Pokedex error: Other than this bug, the Pokedex works flawlessly. What happens here is that Electivire and Magby do not appear in the Hohen dex for some reason. They appear in the national just fine, however. The other evolutions of Elekid, Electabuzz, Magmar, and Magmortar appear just fine and everything elxe is fine. I tried to fix this, but PGE couldn't load the rom all of sudden.

Evolution stones not working: I tried to evolve my Tangela into Tangrowth with a leaf stone, but it did not work. I added an evolution onto Swampert utilizing the leaf stone. but that did ot work either.

Tangrowth VS Wingull

Safari Zone City

Professor Evergreen's House

Mauville City New House

Hohen and National Dex Screens

There are tons more Pokemon to be discovered so download the rom below and get cracking!

Help Wanted

You are free to take this and do what you will. So, if you want to improve on the Gen 4 Pokemon by adding in the new moves they learn, the new stones, or even the new evolution methods (such as level up with a specific move in a specific place), then be my guest, otherwise I am done with this so I can focus on a new hack.. Let me say that it's gonna be Breath of Fire inspired, though it's gameplay will be the same.

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald.zip
      165.5 KB · Views: 2
    Back