• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] IVs,EVs,Natures,Etc

Years
  • Recently I got into ROM hacking and I just have questions about hacking Pokemon FireRed. My first question is about the EV system. I was wondering if there was a way to disable the cap on how much you can feed vitamins (Protein, Iron, etc) to a Pokemon. I was wondering if there was a way to disable this mechanic or simply to change the amount each vitamin gives to a stat such as 50 EVs instead of 10 EVs. My second question is I wanted to know if there is a method/item that would reset EVs or even change the natures in the game. Last thing I'd like to ask is does anybody know how to implement the color indicator for a nature (i.e. Timid nature is +Speed/-Attack so in the newer games they indicate the +Speed stat in red and the -Attack stat in blue)? Help/suggestions or an alternative to any of my questions would be great as I'm still learning about hacking ROMs (so far I can only seem to write basic scripts in XSE and somewhat Hex edit). Thanks!

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • The color coded natures feature is by Spherical Ice. The details are in this post

As for the other question, while I don't know how to remove the EV cap, there is another way to get the vitamins to bypass 100 EVs. It's probably not the best way, but it works.

I was also able to make a function 'EV reset item.' Again there is probably a more efficient way, but I'll just show you what I did so far.

First for both of those items I used this:

Spoiler:

This is Darthatron's code to call a script from an item. To use this, just put the offset of the XSE script where the Xs are. (Normally I would compile the script first and then insert this.)

To get the item to use this, go the usage page in LSA's Complete Item Editor (this is the tool I use and it makes this process easier) and check the box next to "Add Use of Select Script" at the bottom left. Put the offset (+1) of where you inserted the routine above.

As for the script, I used the JPAN Hacked engine tool to add a few specials. I added special 0x6, 0x7, 0xF, and 0x3E.

Simplified explanations for what these specials do and how to use them here.

Vitamin Script

Whole Script
    Spoiler:

Explanation:
    Spoiler:

Reset Script

Whole Script
    Spoiler:

Explanation:
    Spoiler:

There is 100000% almost certainly a better way to do either of these, I scripted these a while ago and I can probably find a more efficient way to do it now.

These will work though. I've used them plenty of times and they work fine. The point of my sharing it is to show you one way you could go about solving the problem you posed.

Last edited:

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • They have to be in two separate places in the ROM at once in order to work, so yes they would have two different offsets. You replace the XXs with the script offset. When put the offset to the ASM in the item editor make sure to add one to the offset. I forgot if I already mentioned that but it's important information in case you didn't know it already.

Back