• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] EV Script

Years
I would like to know if there is a way to write a script for an NPC in which he/she can give your Pokemon a set amount of EVs in one of their stats each time you talk to them. I also would like to know if there was a script to have an NPC reset your Pokemon's EVs when you talk to them. Would help greatly if someone can enlighten me on this! Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
Jpan's hacked Engine might help u there ( I'm not sure though so backup your ROM)

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
Hi again 6IV Magikarp! The scripts I showed you here will work for NPCs too since they are just normal scripts. You might have to edit them to a bit (like adding a yes/no message before selecting a Pok?mon for example) but they will work just fine.

If you use JPAN's engine you can both read and edit IVs and EVs. Editing IVs is easy because you just set the new value when you do the special.

EVs are different in that you actually add or subtract from the original value. It doesn't have any kind of checks to make sure that you don't go below zero or above 252 EVs so you have to add those. You also have to have another check when adding EVs to make sure you don't go above 510 EVs total.

Unless you want to make the game completely broken. I won't judge.

Okay maybe I will a little XD

Okay back to being serious. I recommend using the tool (if you can) for using JPAN's engine because from what I've seen the patch has some problems, plus with the tool you can pick and choose what you want to put in (so you don't waste space with specials you won't use). I think somebody re uploaded it after all the attachments on Pokecommunity stopped working, but I don't know where it is.

Years
Thank you guys so much for the help! I really like the features of the tool, but I'm still trying to learn how to implement all of this into my ROM. Writing the script seems a bit confusing tbh. I guess I'll just trial and error this until I get it right. I'm getting pretty close to how I want my ROM hack thanks to everyone's information and feedback throughout the forum. If I can get this right, next I'm going to learn how to expand the TM table so it matches the current TM table of Gen 6. Sigh it's all so confusing but I think I just need to keep at it. Thank you for the help though guys. I will probably end up asking for more help since I'm such a noob at this.

Back