• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Help on 2 custom abilities

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I've been trying to get two abilities working on my fan game for the past week but with no success.

One ability is called Iron Skin that calculates any super effective moves that make contact with it as neutral damage. The problem with this one is that I can't figure out how to make the game check if a move is super effective or not.

Another ability is called Purification (Working name) which heals any and all poison damage dealt to it. So basically poison heal but for moves as well.

If anyone can help me implement these abilities it would be greatly appreciated.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Please note that I also had problems on adding another ability on my game called Heralina, which makes the user transform into the target who made contact with the user but I had solved it on my own.

About these abilities you want. Check for sample definitions like the ones from Filter/Solid Rock abilities

I can't help you so much now

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Like HM100 says, that first ability sounds like a Filter/Solid Rock variant; you're looking for typemod (which uses some truly awful numbers to represent the effectiveness!) And your second one sounds like a Volt Absorb/Water Absorb variant (in addition to being a copy of Poison Heal, but I'm sure you can work out how to do that part).

Back