• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] adding sfx to battle HUD?

Years
is there any way to add sound effects to the battle HUD as it loads in? like, the "ding"s of the pokeballs sliding into place and the "whoosh" of the line sliding in? everything sounds very empty without them.

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
Yes. You have to find the script for those animations and add an instance of pbSEplay(sound effect name) to the appropriate point in the script, along with any conditions that should accompany it.

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
You'll want to look in PokeBattle_Scene, but you'll have to search through that section to figure out exactly where the moments are that you want to feature sound. I believe the different animation scripts have comments introducing them, but I don't know how detailed those are.

Years
# Balls slide on
if @partyAnimPhase==2
for i in 0...6
if @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x<PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
@sprites["enemy#{i}"].x+=ballmovedist
@sprites["player#{i}"].x-=ballmovedist
if @sprites["enemy#{i}"].x>=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
@sprites["enemy#{i}"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL1_X-i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::FOEPARTYBALL_GAP
@sprites["player#{i}"].x=PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL1_X+i*PokeBattle_SceneConstants::PLAYERPARTYBALL_GAP
if i==5
@partyAnimPhase=3
end
end
end
end
end
end

I found the script. can you tell where I need to add in my effects? I have "Pokeball Slide" for the balls sliding and "Whoosh" for the line sliding in. sorry i'm asking so many questions I know it's irritating but im new to this aghh

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
You'll probably need to experiment a bit to figure out what works best. But I can tell you that the line
Code:
 for I in 0...6
is what designates a loop that is done six times, once for each pokeball slot. So, if you only want one "whoosh"make sure it goes before the for loop starts. If you want one"whoosh" for each pokeball slot, you need to make sure your sound effect goes in that loop. I would start with either at the very beginning, right after the for loop starts, or toward the end, right before the line
Code:
 if i==5
which checks to see how many times the loop has run and exits the loop (and thus, the animation sequence) after the sixth run.

But like I said, you may have to experiment and possibly add some conditions if your own to get the timing right.

Back