• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

siper x's crappy sprites

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Rules
    1. ask before you use
    2. constructive critisism, no ranting

I am not going to put all my sprites here that were on my last thread, so if you want to see others, go to my other thread.

also, i am a n00b spriter, don't expect the best quality.

Fakemon
    Spoiler:

Since i started talking about them, may as well put these up:
    Spoiler:

more later
    ~Enjoy~

Last edited:

dazzle

Scripting Apprentice
    Years
  • not bad buddy, guessing your a beginnner, but good anyways, would you liek to work with me and my team for our hack and to sprite for it? id be pretty cool.
    ~Dazzle

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    well, i can only make fakes, i'm not good at people (except for recoloring like the ash on my other thread), and i get lucky with overworlds (wes and rui on other thread), and i suck at repositioning, also, i can't get on the internet to much anymore, so if you'll still say yes, then yes i will.

also should the water starter be a tadpole metamorphisis (can't spell it) or something else?

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    In my opinion, you need to have more of a difference between evolutions than just getting bigger and more flames. I almost thought that the second and third stage were the same sprite in two different poses. D:

And your lines could use some adjusting and be a tad bit cleaner. Some of them are too straight for an organic thing, and need to be curvier.

I also think your shading could use less contrast between the highlights and middle shades, and maybe a little more contrast between the middle shade and the shadows... mainly in the fire starter line.

Iunno, those are what I thought when I looked at your sprites.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    In my opinion, you need to have more of a difference between evolutions than just getting bigger and more flames. I almost thought that the second and third stage were the same sprite in two different poses. D:

And your lines could use some adjusting and be a tad bit cleaner. Some of them are too straight for an organic thing, and need to be curvier.

I also think your shading could use less contrast between the highlights and middle shades, and maybe a little more contrast between the middle shade and the shadows... mainly in the fire starter line.

Iunno, those are what I thought when I looked at your sprites.

i know i need it changed. i was trying to get the fire line to go:
    puppy>dog>wolf>werewolf
    but the dog and wolf look too similar. the grass goes
    leaf>branch>tree>???(need idea!!!)
    water goes
    tadpole>whatever it is called inbetween a tadpole and frog>frog>???(need idea!!!)

UPDATE:
    well, while the internet was down because of a tornado, i made a crappy version of the 3rd grass evolution.
    16anmnk.png

grass/fighting

i know it sucks, but i still want constructive critizism

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • Well you have improved;

• I really like the wolf, Although they are too similar to be evolutions; I would just use the 3rd or 2nd one and make evolutions of it.
    • I would ditch the Leaf and Stick fakemon, although that tree has a lot of potential, it is well shaded at the top, and is a good idea.
    • I would re-do the pre-evo, and not make it a stick but something else similar maybe a small tree or something, it could even be a Bonsly split evo, instead of sudowoodo (just an idea) If you were to do that, change the colours to make it more Bonsly like :D
    • The bottom of the tree sprite could be improved though it looks too rough, it could have long roots or something, or could have rocks/ground around it like a Diglett.
    • Keep Fakemon spriting you are getting better, Your shading has improved. Well done and good luck.

~Kian

Last edited:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    i am keeping the leaf and stick idea because me and some friends thought of 127 fakemon 6 years ago, and these were some of them. i can't remember all of them, but i will make the ones i remember plus more. and yes, the leaf is the same, but i made the stick so it looks at an angle, and changed the arms/branches.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    well, i don't know, i guess they hop around. i also haven't been on in forever, so i can't remember what everyone said, also, they might be a leaf and stick/branch, but isn't torous (can't remember how to spell it) just a bull with a couple extra tails? so yes, the ideas might not be the best, but then again, these guys ideas were from a long time ago, and i decided to sprite them.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    ok, i said this how many times, these ideas were from 3rd or 4th grade and me AND a friend made them. i thought that the 3rd grass should be a fighting/grass tree, so he decided the other 2, he made the idea of a psycic frog for the 3rd water, and then it ended up being a tadpole for the 1st, i made the idea of a fire/dark puppy that becomes a dog, then a wolf. so, these are mine and my friends ideas, not just mine.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    I'm not saying they are good, and i will listen to people, but i won't listen when they rant on about it. you keep saying that they suck entirely, but say nothing else. you don't even talk about the sprite itself, but the concept of the fakemon, and i honestly don't care what you had at the age of 7, but when someone rants about the concept instead of the actual sprite, no i won't listen to them. yes, it is a leaf and a stick, but they were designed by one of my friends who died, so shut the hell up.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • The three wolves look too similar design wise, you should alternate the stages more to show some diversity and maybe focus on their "features". Changing the palette is also a good idea e.g. Charmander (light orange) -> Charmeleon (red) -> Charizard (orange-dark orange-ish)

Your lineart still needs work as they need to be more curvy (note the tail of the Fire/dark 1st stage starter).
    Also watch out for the light source, it's from the top left, so I don't see why the highlight on the Fire starters' last evo on the back.

Also i realised that ur skills on ur fakemon vary greatly, as the best one so far is the 1st stage of the fire starter, as it has the smoothest lineart, and im assuming it's cause you're using a base for some of your sprites for instance the recent sprite, the grass starter final evo, i see that you used the HG/SS Machoke arms.

You might want to check out Chesu's guide, as it helps a lot. :)
    Cheers

P.S. I'm not too sure but fire starter body could be houndor and 1st stage could be vulpix.

Keep practising and u'll improve. ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    They're pretty good, but you might wanna work on the evolutions. Maybe add some more detail instead of making them bigger, try adding more flames or something.

Back