• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Long Live Salamence (OU RMT)

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • 450.png
    380.png
    373.png
    Well, it's "NICE" to know that ALL THREE of my dragons are now Uber. Who's next? Flygon?! Well, this is the third time I've had to redo my team due to someone being banished. Well, it's actually worked well, but something's missing. I can't figure out what, but I guess that's why I'm here.

From afar...

442.png
    230.png
    212.png
    490.png
    503.png
    143.png

Under the Microscope...

442.png

Bronzong @Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 HP/ 86 Atk/ 92 Def/ 80 SpD
    Relaxed
    -Stealth Rock
    -Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake
    -Payback

My Lead. I've always liked durable, long lasting leads rather than kamakaze's. Bronzong will be able to support the team and then come in later if we need it. He also covers my weaknesses to ground and fighting. Earthquake and Gyro Ball for good coverage, and payback to deal with Azelf(though I'd probably switch to Heatran due to Azelf being likely to try to Fire Blast Bronzong).I shifted his defenses over to the physical side due to the majority of leads carrying physical moves.

230.png

Kingdra @Leftovers
    Swift Swim
    252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
    Adamant
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Outrage

My new dragon. I chose Kingdra because, like Salamence, Dragonite would have trouble dealing with stealth rock. It also has great typing, with only 1 weakness and many resistances. This is the same set I ran on Salamence, but Waterfall replaces Earthquake.Substitute allows Kingdra to easily set up, while hiding from status inducers that would otherwise cripple it of it's sweeping power. Waterfall and Outrage hits basicly everything in OU. I chose leftovers to provide staying power and more substitutes.

212.png

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Technician
    4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Adamant
    -Swords Dance
    -Roost
    -Bullet Punch
    -Brick Break

Scizor is my physical sweeper. I've always used him, and he's always done a great job. Life Orb and Swords Dance give Bullet Punch massive power, which thanks to priority, alllows for an easy sweep. Brick Break hits Skarmory and Blissey without having to worry about the loss in both physical stats due to Superpower. I use roost to shrug off Life Orb recoil, and any damage I may have taken while using Swords Dance. He also serves as a lure for fire moves, which I would switch Heatran into.

490.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Flash Fire
    252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
    Naive
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Explosion
    -Dragon Pulse

My special sweeper. I've just started using him, but he's great. Fire Blast ruins anything that does'nt resist it. Earth Power kills off other Heatran and Infernape, while Dragon Pulse hits dragons which resist both Fire Blast and Earth Power. I only resort to Explosion when I'm facing a major threat, or I'm running low on HP. I wanted to run naive to get as much speed as possible, rather than risking beink KO'd before I get a chance to attack.

503.png

Rotom-S @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
    Bold
    -Discharge
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Hydro Pump
    -Shadow Ball

My defensive support. His job is to counter fighting type threats, support my sweepers, and to switch in to special attacks that Scizor and Bronzong would'nt be able to handle. Discharge works as STAB and helps induce paralysis, Will-O-Wisp hurts Tyranitar, Fighting types, and Dragons that would bother Kingdra, Snorlax, and Heatran. Hydro Pump serves as type coverage, and Shadow Ball for STAB. The chance to lower SpD is also a nice addition.

143.png

Snorlax @Leftovers
    Thick Fat
    168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
    Careful
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Crunch
    -Body Slam

CurseLax has always been my favorite tank. Curse boosts his average defense to create great defenses against most OU threats. Coupled with huge HP, great attack, and great special defense, Snorlax is almost perfect. Unfortunately, his only recovery move is rest. Body Slam is great STAB, and Earthquake hits whatever resists Body Slam, such as Heatran, Infernape, Machamp, and Lucario.

Now you have a full analysis of my new team. Comments? Suggestions? I've played this team for a while, and noticed that it performs better than any team I've used (except my sandstorm team). The only problems I've been facing are MixApe. They always come in on whatever I have out, but Kingdra's been able to deal with him

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I think this team is pretty solid, no glaring weaks and pretty good synergy. The only nitpick I can see is that you're rather slow besides Heatran. You're going to have to rely on him a lot to deal with faster threats, and a lot of teams carry multiple pokemon that can outspeed the rest of your team, leaving you open for easy sweeps.

I really don't see Snorlax contributing a whole lot here. He's totally useless against powerful sweepers and you lack any form of residual damage to make him more effective. He also doesn't contribute to your already decent defensive core (Heatran and Rotom in particular have fantastic synergy.) I can't really offer anything specific but I'd definitely consider replacing him for something a bit faster that can actually hurt stuff without having to set up.

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I see your point Aura. Perhaps I could replace Snorlax with a special sweeper, or a speed passer. Maybe either...

135.png
    Jolteon @ Life Orb

Volt Absorb

4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe

Timid

-Charge Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Shadow Ball

A very potent, and easy to use special sweeper. Life Orb may not be stronger than Choice Specs, but it allows freedom to switch moves, and it can becom much stronger after +1 from charge beam. Thunderbolt OHKO's Togekiss, Gyarados, and Dragonite. HP Ice provides strong defense against Gliscor and Flygon, while Shadowball hits the Rotoms and anything else that resists Thunderpolt and HP Ice.

or

477.png
    Gliscor @ Yache Berry

Hyper Cutter

252 HP/ 196 SpD/ 60 Spe

Jolly

-Rock Polish
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt
    -Baton Pass

A good, durable baton passer. It can switch into opponents locked into
    choice items, set ub easilyy, then pass to my slower teammates. I did'nt want to also run swords dance because that would ruin me if the foe runs a faster taunt user, so I went with a STAB earthquake instead.

I'm really liking Jolteon, mainly because it seems better for my team, but Gliscor may work just as well.

Hmm...any ideas?

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
    Years
  • I'd go with jolteon, he's less of a risk.
    Someone could foil your BP plan, but jolteon works well with your team and is easierto use.
    Soyeah, i think jolteon is a more sensible choice.

Back