• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revised Wi-Fi team (OU)

Years
  • I posted a team a few days ago, but I've made several changes since. I think this team is much more balanced and reliable. Here goes:

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Impish / EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Waterfall
    -Avalanche / Roar

My new lead. So far, I really like it. It's sturdy, reliable and can still pack a punch. I bred it with perfect 31 IVs in both HP and Defense. Noob question: I don't exactly understand the use of Roar (besides inflicting damage with SR)...can someone explain it to me? Is it meant for scouting?

Its 4x Grass weakness (I'm looking at you, Celebi) is perfectly covered by Scizor, which can retaliate with a super effective STAB U-Turn.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Jolly / EVs: 4 Def, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang (possibly Stonde Edge: depends of what gives me the most trouble...)

Classic offensive Dragon Dancer. It's the first time I trained a Gyarados and I don't understand why I didn't before. It's a great physical sweeper: powerful and nearly unstoppable with DD. Not much else to say about it.

Its 4x Electric weakness is covered by Electivire and its 2x Rock weakness is covered by Swampert.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Rash / EVs: 30 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 226 Spe
    -Flamethrower
    -Ice Punck
    -Thunderbolt
    -Cross Chop

Mixed Sweeper. A basically rely on the Gyaravire strategy: Gyarados lures in Electric attacks to activate Motor Drive on the switch. With the speed boost, it's amazing. I tested it a few times in Battle Frontier and on Shoddy Battle, and it works great. Its movepool is phenomenal and it's good all around. One of my personal favourites.

Its 2x Ground weakness is covered by both Gyarados and Dragonite, and Swampert can handle it as well.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
    Timid / EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed
    -Tri Attack
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dark Pulse

With perfect 31 IVs in both Sp.Atk and Speed, Porygon-Z is a devastating revenge killer. IceBolt provides type coverage, while Dark Pulse takes care of Ghosts and Psychics and Tri Attacks gets STAB and Adaptability boost. I might teach it Nasty Plot and give it a Life Orb to use it as a special sweeper, but right now I like it just as it is.

It's 2x Fighting weakness is covered is covered by both Gyarados and Dragonite.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant / EVs : 248 HP , 252 Atk, 8 Spe
    -U-Turn
    -Bullet Punch
    -Supwepower
    -Pursuit

A new addition to the team. Even with Salamence being moved to Uber, I thought I could fit well with the reste of the team. It works verry well as both a revenge killer and a scout. With many resistances and only one weakness, it's both sturdy and reliable. I am still breeding it, so I haven't got the chance to test it, but I have high hopes about it.

Its 4x Fire resistance is covered by Swampert, Gyarados and Dragonite.

Dragonite @ Life Orbs
    Adamant / EVs: 252 HP, 52 Atk, 204 Speed
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Roost

Dragonite is the Pkmn I like the least. It's bulky and can take a few hits, but I don't feel like I know how to get the best ot of it. I guess I just need to get used to it more. What do you think?

So that's it. I believe I'm getting closer and closer to setting up a very good team. Are there some flaws I should focus on? I'd appreciate any constructive comment.

Thank you.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Looks pretty good so far.

Roar is used to force opponents to switch so they can't stat-boost or set up on you, as well as for scouting.

I wouldn't use Porygon-Z. It's highly overrated. The only good thing it has is amazing Special Attack. But it's frail and its Speed is not high enough (even with a Choice Scarf), plus Normal is a bad type because it isn't supereffective against anything and isn't resistant against anything (except Ghost).

A better revenge killer would be Choice Scarf Flygon, who makes a good partner with Scizor since it can U-Turn to it for Ice/Dragon attacks meanwhile Scizor can U-Turn to Flygon for Fire attacks.

Flygon @Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -U-Turn
    -Stone Edge/Fire Punch

You don't need two Dragon-Dancers on the same team, especially not when both are weak to Stealth Rock. Use Physical Infernape. The cool thing about this set is that it can actually 2HKO Vaporeon, one of Infernape's most common counters, with Close Combat. And since Dragonite doesn't have Intimidate, it can get OHKO by Stone Edge after Stealth Rock damage. If you decide to go with U-Turn, you'll have a U-Turning trio with great synergy.

Infernape @Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spd

-Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Mach Punch/U-Turn
    -Overheat

It's also a great late-game sweeper.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back