• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen is ralts considered rare?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Very decent of a Pokemon indeed, with will o wisp and sychronize. It's also a good calm minder with a good initial special defense. Stick on psychic and thunderbolt for the standard. Or play around a bit with reflect/light screen, destiny bond and HP Special.

Not bad, not bad at all!

Trainer Ben

Super Trainer
Years
Here's what I think. There's two kinds of Pokemon: Rare and Legendary. Rare Pokemon are just hard to find and require a bit of patience. Legendary Pokemon are one of a kind and can always be found in one place. Ralts, i think, is considered rare, since it took me awhile to find it.

Actually, I found 12 ralts once, but only 2 of them were female. The first female I accidently fainted, but I caught the second.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2009
Yeah. Ralts is rare. I was playing Sapphire and it took me about 20 encounters before I saw even one Ralts.

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
Years
i know its not legendary! coz legendarys are one time and ca always be caought in someway, but still its great to have a physic soo close @ da start

raveberuk

a.k.a DoDoMaStEr
Years
I spent almost 30 minutes walking around the grass before I could find a Ralts! My effort was not in vain though because as a result of walking around the grass, my torchic became level 15 at the end of my search.

Rave :D

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Sep 10, 2017
If rare means the appearances in the wild, then yes Ralts is rare. With odds of 4%, that sounds pretty darn rare to me. ^_^
If rare means actual appearances in battles, then not really. Lots of people use Gardevoir in their teams, with it's high special defense and whatnot.

4%? No wonder it was so hard to find it! I got one though :)

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
I did some quick looking up, and in all of the Hoenn games, no matter the version or generation, Ralts can only be found on Route 102, has a 4% chance of appearing, and can only be found at level 3. So... yeah! I'd say that's pretty rare!

I remember in my first Sapphire playthrough I was convinced that Ralts only had a chance of appearing on the specific patch of grass where Wally was during the catch tutorial, and just kept looking in other directions on that patch of grass until I found a Ralts. That may seem ridiculous, but fast forward a few badges to Feebas, and a Pokemon only appearing on a specific tile doesn't seem so silly anymore.

Back