• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Party advice

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    So I'm new to the games when it comes to online play. I grew up playing them but last one I played was silver. I want to take it to the next level for fun. So I want to build a party around Gardevior and dragonite. My party also consists of machamp giratina muk charzard and the water starter. I would like to keep the Gardevior and dragonight but rest are flexible hmu with advice and pros and cons please. I'm open for nub discussion haha

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Alright, so considering you want to take this team online, I'm pretty tempted to say keep the Dragonite, because it's still really good competitively (even with fairies!) but unfortunately, Gardevoir faces a lot of competition from Tapu Lele. Mega Gardevoir can still work though, but that will mean you won't be able to run another mega, and seeing you have Charizard, I'd probably say run the mega on Charizard, and drop Gardevoir for Tapu Lele. As for the rest of your team, I could suggest the following movesets for some of your team members:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Extreme Speed/Thunder Punch

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Solar Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Roost

Primarina @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Moonblast
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam

These three can work rather well together, removing and crippling several walls to allow Dragonite to start sweeping. I know you also have Giratina, and despite having a higher BST than Dragonite, its role is more of a defensive wall and spinblocker (someone that is immune to Rapid Spin) compared to Dragonite. And as for Muk, though, he can help settle any grudges Dragonite has with fairies by threatening them out. Here's a good set that takes on fairies well while also scaring them away:

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Poison Touch
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Knock Off
    - Poison Jab
    - Shadow Sneak

Last edited:
    Back