• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So you want to rom hack an emerald?

Years
  • Sure, I can help with that. Maybe. I'm Ultra Necom 72, a gaming and game creating Necrozma. I know how hard it is to rom hack a hard to cipher game, so I'll be guiding you with the help of other guides I learned from and a few downloads in one zip file.
    Trainer editing: Just use Advance Trainer. It SHOULD be in the download
    Hero editing: Oh boy! You HAD to bring this up! So, let's start simple with the front sprite. Open unLZ gba and go to 1939[male hero front sprite] and change it to whatever. Also the picture you insert MUST be png. If the sprite is too big, open up free space finder and find some space. Pretty simple, right? You do the same thing with the back sprite, right? RIGHT!? No, sadly. For the back sprite, open up Tile Molester and open navagate and type in D68680. This is the female back sprite. Go to view, block size, custom and change the two 16's to 8's. Now they look the part. Then scroll up with the up arrow key until you see the male back sprite. Go to edit, Paste from and wherever your sprite is. Then go to pallette, import from, another file and wherever the pallette is. If you don't have the palette saved, open your png[it must be a png] in infan view and go to image, palette and export it to wherever. Now test to see if the sprites work on an emulator[suggest myboy and VBA]. If a battle works and DOSEN'T stay as a black screen like mine did the second time, you did it right!
    Link: Please hold on! I need a mediafire account to post stuff there!

Back