• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Loading some Pokémon crashes PGE.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I first found PGE on Friday last week (so like four days ago) and it's been a total godsend, making processes much simpler and generally being a good QoL editor.

And then it started crashing today.

When loading certain Pokémon (currently it's two of my custom ones) the app crashes. They all work fine when I actually play the ROM, and the ROM loads fine, no whitescreen or anything. At first, my only issue was that PGE won't repoint movesets properly, but it's a really quick fix if I use G3T. It also won't let me swap out cries on custom Pokémon, but having all my custom ones sound like Unown is honestly the lowest of my priorities. If I load slot #254 or #256 (both of which are available in a clean ROM and G3T can load perfectly fine, as well as loading properly when playing the ROM) I get errors that break the app (however the ROM is unaffected, thank Arceus )

When attempting to load #254, the app says that it can't read "past the end" or something, and when loading #256, it gives me an "unhandled exception", then if I click "cotinue", the app is softlocked and I have to use Task Manager to close it in both instances. What did I do? lol it only had this issue starting today (However #254 was breaking other things since Friday but only recently started crashing the app)

There should be an attachment showing what actually happens.

Attachments

• PGEError.mp4
      16.4 MB
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    *screech*

I just checked movesets on other Pokémon (was testing adding types with G3T) and it turns out PGE broke ALL of the movesets. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. The only movesets which were intact were the ones on my custom Pokémon because they were almost untouched to begin with and I had also been tweaking them anyway. As it stands, it looks like PGE is only good for adding textures, and changing TM/HM leanrability (so basically the only two things G3T cannot do)

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Do you have any screenshots?

Here are a few examples. All of the movesets look like this, even on custom Pokémon, except ones I revised.

ivysaur
    Spoiler:

charizard
    Spoiler:

machop
    Spoiler:

sandslash
    Spoiler:

ditto
    Spoiler:

ekans
    Spoiler:

chinchou
    Spoiler:

jynx
    Spoiler:

delibird
    Spoiler:

unown
    Spoiler:

pupitar
    Spoiler:

duskull
    Spoiler:

cradily
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    If you're using my G3T that I gave you, the movesets appear messed up in the tool. I use PGE to change movesets. I use G3T to add new moves and change move types.

Umm how does one add a new move with G3T? Do you mean patching a new move in with PGE then editing it with G3T? Either way, those broken movesets appear that way in any version of G3T, as well as PGE. It seems even evolution has been corrupted, but that's an easy (however grindy) fix, not one that I'm too worried about.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    My G3T shows some space after all the moves I use. That's because I'm using Mr. Dollsteak's Decap and Attack ROMbase. It may not show new moves normally. Anyway, it has that capability :P

Well, I'm not using that ROM base because I already have a ton of stuff changed in my ROM that IDK how to port over, such as patches for evolution, or obedient Mew, etc, not to mention all my sprites , movesets, stats, maps, scripts, and whatever

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Mentioning PGE triggered my alert. PGE hasn't been posted on this site for several years. Minimal support for PGE is currently offered here. I'll take a look at your issue when I am available.

Back