• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Best method to encrypt the game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    Hello, I've been working on a game for some years, and now it's finally ready, but I can not encrypt my game. I tried to use the MoleBox Pro 2.6.4 but always got the message "Failed to load script". Please if someone helps me, I do not know how I can encrypt my game.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    Why encrypt it?

If it's not going to be distributed, then it doesn't matter, and if you are, then you can just point to wherever you post it and call out any thieves on their theft.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    Why encrypt it?

If it's not going to be distributed, then it doesn't matter, and if you are, then you can just point to wherever you post it and call out any thieves on their theft.

I'll make the game available, but it's essential that you have at least basic protection.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    I'll make the game available, but it's essential that you have at least basic protection.

Is it though? It's not a weapon, or private details, it's a pokemon game. The worst that's going to happen is someone steals your code and/or assests. And even then you can just point and say "they're mine."

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • It's the principal of the thing. Some people wish to restrict their resources so nobody else can take them, because people will unasahemdly take them and claim credit, and it just becomes tedious. Especially if you hand-crafted those assets, and you really don't want unauthorized people to use them. If people want to encrypt their game to prevent asset leaking, there's nothing wrong with that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    It's the principal of the thing. Some people wish to restrict their resources so nobody else can take them, because people will unasahemdly take them and claim credit, and it just becomes tedious. Especially if you hand-crafted those assets, and you really don't want unauthorized people to use them. If people want to encrypt their game to prevent asset leaking, there's nothing wrong with that.
    Yes, that's exactly why I want to protect my game, can you help me?

Back