• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Pokémon Soul Silver but I can only use Fire types

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hi, I'm taking on the Monotype Ultimate Challenge (here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=421499), with my type of choice being Fire. For Johto, I am playing Soul Silver.

ENTRY 1

Gyms Completed:
    Faulkner

Current Team:
    Bunga - Quilava
    Slave - Sentret

After getting my starter and going through the whole song-and-dance routine where I fight my rival (whom I named Cypher) and get Pokéballs, I caught a Pidgey to use as a Fly slave later on, and a Sentret that I'm trying to evolve into a Furret so it'll be a better HM slave (while complying with the monotype rules of course). I made it to Violet City, trained in the Sprout Tower, and fought Cypher again. I then went through the Violet City Gym, fought the two trainers, and after beating the second one, Bunga evolved into Quilava. I fought Faulkner and beat him with Bunga, getting the badge. I went into the Violet City Pokémon Center after getting the call from Professor Elm, and called it a day.

Last edited:

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
  • Good luck with this challenge. I started the same one a while back.

For an extra fire type before Bugsy you can get the Slugma egg from Primo in violet.

Lance will be a doozy without over leveling as he leads with a monstrous Gyarados, and if that doesn't eat through half your team (no thunderpunch Typhlosion in Gen 4) Aerodactyl and the Dragonites will clean up whatever is left.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 2

Gyms Completed:
    Faulkner
    Bugsy

Current Team:
    Bunga - Quilava
    Slave - Furret
    Slave - Mareep

I went through Route 32, Union Cave, and Route 33, fighting all the trainers. On Route 32, I caught a Mareep to use as a Flash slave. I fought Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well, and then challenged Bugsy's gym. My Sentret HM slave evolved into Furret, meaning I no longer need to have it in the front slot (yes, I was complying with the challenge rules by not using it in combat against trainer Pokémon). I defeated Bugsy easily with Bunga.

Before going into Ilex Forest, I had to fight Cypher. The first time, I lost to his Croconaw, but I had more luck the second time and won. I went into Ilex Forest, did the Farfetch'd puzzle, and acquired the HM Cut. I went through the rest of Ilex Forest and Route 34, fighting the trainers on the way. I made it to Goldenrod City, healed at the Pokémon Center, and acquired the Radio Card, Bicycle, and Coin Case (in case I ever need a TM or held item from the Game Corner). I called it a day there.

Last edited:

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 3

Gyms Completed:
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney

Current Team:
    Rusty - Flareon
    Foxy - Vulpix
    Blarrg - Slugma
    Bunga - Quilava
    Slave - Furret

I went all the way back to Violet City to get the Slugma egg from Primo after I was reminded about it by someone on the forums (thank you very much kind internet stranger!), then went back to Goldenrod City. I rode around on the Bicycle until it hatched. Then I went back to Route 34 and trained the Slugma up some. I went through the trainers in Whitney's gym, then tried challenging Whitney…only to lose to her Miltank.

So, I went and fought the trainers in Route 35, National Park, and Route 36 to level up Blarrg some more. After a while (including acquiring the Quick Claw in National Park, which I gave to Blarrg), I decided Blarrg was at a high enough level to use. I challenged Whitney once again, making short work of her Clefairy using Blarrg, then used Yawn on Miltank before switching to Bunga. It was then I discovered Miltank was holding a Lum Berry, completely derailing my plan to put Miltank to sleep…but luckily for me, a Flame Wheel from Bunga burned the annoying cow, which proved to be a big help, as this meant she could not do as much damage to Bunga. Adding to my luck, she never once used Rollout, only Stomp, Milk Drink, and Attract. Thus, while the battle was still tedious and infuriating, I was actually able to roast that Miltank this time.

Having won the battle, I acquired the watering can and left for Ecruteak City, catching a Vulpix on Route 36, defeating the Sudowoodo by having Foxy use Roar on it, and fighting the trainers on Route 37. I met Bill in the Ecruteak Pokémon Center, and went back to Goldenrod City to get the Eevee. With that out of the way, I tried to get a Fire Stone. First I tried (and failed) to win the Bug-Catching Contest, and it was only after that did I find out that they only give evolution stones as prizes for that after you get the National Dex. However, there was still another way: the Pokéathlon on Tuesday. And luckily for me, today is Tuesday! So, I went to the stadium, and just played the events (I got pretty good at the Power events) until I racked up enough points to buy the Fire Stone. I used it on Rusty, evolving him into a Flareon, and went back to Ecruteak City. I went to the Burnt Tower to do some training and catch a Magmar. I fought against Cypher, losing the first time to his Croconaw, but I had more luck the second time and won. I did some training in the Burnt Tower, fighting the two Firebreathers there in the process, until I got bored, left, and called it a day at the Ecruteak Pokémon Center.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 4

Gyms Completed:
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty

Current Team:
    Elmo - Magmortar
    Rusty - Flareon
    Blarrg - Slugma
    Bunga - Quilava
    Slave - Furret

I went back to the Burnt Tower and soon caught a Magmar. I traded him to my Platinum save (not deleting that until it's time to play it for this challenge), then traded him back with a Magmarizer (is this technically allowed? Someone please tell if it is or not! The way that rule about trade evolutions is worded weirdly to me, and if what I did isn't allowed, I will stop using the Magmortar!) so he would evolve into Magmortar, giving me an nice powerful Fire-type. I did training on Routes 38 and 39, then went to Route 42 and acquired the HM for Strength. I went back to Ecruteak City, and fought the Team Rocket Grunt in the Dance Theater. Then, I went to challenge Morty's gym. I went through all the trainers, then fought Morty himself, mainly using Elmo, who knew Faint Attack. After winning, I went back to the Ecruteak Pokémon Center and called it a day.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 5

Gyms Completed:
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine

Current Team:
    Blarrg - Slugma
    Bunga - Quilava
    Rusty - Flareon
    Elmo - Magmortar
    Slave - Furret
    Slave - Mareep

I made my way to Olivine City, and did some training in the Lighthouse. Once I got to Jasmine and got the mission to get the Secret Potion from Cianwood City, I left the Lighthouse and surfed to Cianwood City, fighting the trainers on Routes 40 and 41 for some extra training. I retrieved the Secret Potion, went back to Olivine City, and gave it to Jasmine in the Lighthouse. After that, I did some training on Routes 39 and 40.

Funny story, I mixed up the order Chuck and Jasmine are in, and fought Jasmine before Chuck! I still beat Jasmine on the first attempt, but boy, was I thrown off by her level 35 Steelix! After beating her, I surfed to Cianwood City, and fought through Chuck's gym. During the fight with Chuck, I struggled to beat his Poliwrath, but eventually I was able to knock it down with Rusty's Strength. I acquired Fly, flew to Ecruteak City, went to the Pokémon Center, and called it a day.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 6

Gyms Completed
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce

Current Team
    Bunga - Typhlosion
    Rusty - Flareon
    Elmo - Magmortar
    Blarrg - Magcargo
    Slave - Furret

I left Ecruteak City and went through Route 42 and Mt. Mortar, fighting the trainers on the way. I made it to Mahogany Town, and went into Route 43, fighting the trainers in there on my way to the Lake of Rage. At the Lake of Rage, I fought the Red Gyarados and beat it. I went back to Mahogany Town, and fought Team Rocket under the "Souvenir Shop". After that, I went to challenge Pryce's gym, beating him on the first try thanks to my Fire Types.

I flew to Goldenrod City, then went into the Radio Tower, fighting everyone I could. I then went to the Underground Tunnel and entered the locked area with the Basement Key. I fought through the Team Rocket grunts and Burglars, and soon reached the room with the Director. I got the Card Key from him, then went back to the Radio Tower to enter the locked area. I fought everyone I could there, with both Blarrg and Bunga evolving after I beat Arianna, and got the Silver Wing from the Director. I went to the Goldenrod City Pokémon Center, and called it a day there.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 7

Gyms Completed
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce
    Clair

Current Team
    Blarrg - Magcargo
    Rusty - Flareon
    Elmo - Magmortar
    Bunga - Typhlosion
    Slave - Furret
    Slave - Pidgey

I flew back to Mahogany Town and went through Route 44, fighting the trainers there. I made it through the Ice Cave into Blackthorn City, and did more training in the Ice Cave, on Route 45, and in the Dark Cave. I also fought the trainers in Clair's gym, and after some extra training after repeatedly failing to beat Clair, as well as teaching Bunga Solar Beam and Sunny Day using TM's, I finally beat Clair. I went through the Dragon's Den, fighting the trainers in there, then made it to where the master was, took the test, and got the Rising Badge from Clair.

I left the Dragon's Den and got the call from Professor Elm. I flew to New Bark Town, went into Professor Elm's lab, and received the Master Ball and the information that I must go to the Ecruteak Dance Theater. So I flew to Ecruteak City, entered the Pokémon Center, and called it a day there.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 8

Gyms Completed
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce
    Clair

Current Team
    Spoiler:

I went into the Ecruteak Dance Theater and fought all the Kimono Girls. I was given the Tidal Bell and was instructed to go to the Whirl Islands. I flew to Cianwood City, surfed on the water, and went into the Whirl Islands, making my way to the part where I'd fight Lugia. I went and beat Lugia, then left to New Bark Town. I surfed to Route 27, and made my way through Routes 27 and 26, fighting the trainers and catching a Ponyta on the way. I went through Victory Road, fighting the wild Pokémon there, and fought my rival Cypher near the exit. After doing some more training (as well as grinding for a couple of Heart Scales for future use), I went into the lobby for the Elite Four, healed, and called it a day.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 9

Gyms Completed
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce
    Clair

Current Team
    Spoiler:

After a lot of training, I went into the Elite 4 lobby, stocked up on Hyper Potions, Full Heals, and Revives, and went in to fight the Elite 4, starting with Will. I sent out Rusty as my lead, and defeated his first Xatu easily with Bite. I switched to Bunga to fight Slowbro. I charged up a Solar Beam (trying to save on Sunny Day's PP), the Slowbro used Curse, and she went down to Bunga's charged up Solar Beam. Bunga stayed out to fight Jynx, and took her down with Flamethrower. I switched Bunga out to Ember to fight Exeggutor, and defeated her with Megahorn. I switched back to Rusty to fight Will's second Xatu, and she went down to Bite, winning the battle against Will.

I moved onto the next room with Koga. Rusty was once again in the first slot, and easily defeated Ariados with Fire Fang. I kept him out to fight Forretress, who also went down easily to Fire Fang. Against Muk, Rusty used Dig, which hit despite the use of Minimize, taking the giant blob of nastiness down. Against Crobat, I switched Rusty out to Elmo. Crobat got burned by Elmo's Flame Body after using Wing Attack, and despite using Double Team, Elmo was able to take down Crobat with Thunder Punch. Elmo then very easily took down Venomoth with Flamethrower, winning me the fight against Koga.

Next was Bruno. Bunga was sent out as my lead Pokémon, where he took down Hitmontop with a few Flamethrowers (though it was only a few and not a couple because Bruno healed Hitmontop with a Full Restore after the first Flamethrower). Against Onix, Bunga charged up Solar Beam, tanked an Earthquake, and brought Onix down with the charged up Solar Beam. I switched to Elmo to face Machamp, and he went down after a couple of Flamethrowers. I switched to Ember to fight Hitmonlee, and she took him down with Flare Blitz. I kept her out to fight Hitmonchan, and she took him down with another Flare Blitz, winning me the fight against Bruno.

Last was Karen. I sent out Ember as my lead Pokémon, but after some failed attempts to land Megahorn and Umbreon using Double Team and Confuse Ray, I switched her out for Bunga and started spamming Swift. Bunga kept this up until Umbreon finally went down. I switched to Elmo to fight against Murkrow, and she was easily taken down with Thunder Punch. Elmo was switched out with Rusty to fight Houndoom, and she was quickly disposed of with Dig. Rusty stayed out to fight Gengar, and took her out with Bite. Rusty then easily defeated Vileplume with Fire Fang, winning me the fight against Karen.

With the Elite 4 all defeated, it was time for me to take on the Champion. I healed anyone who needed it, then gave Elmo a Passho Berry, and Charti Berries to Ember and Bunga. Then, I moved on to the room with Lance and approached him. I sent out Elmo as my lead Pokémon against Gyarados, and took him out with two Thunder Punches. I then switched out to Blarrg, and had him use Yawn on Aerodactyl after tanking a Rock Slide. I healed Blarrg so he could take another Rock Slide, then Aerodactyl fell asleep and I switched to Elmo. Elmo hit Aerodactyl with a Thunder Punch, but Lance used a Full Restore on him, which meant, while Elmo was able to hit another Thunder Punch on Aerodactyl, led to Elmo going down to Rock Slide. I sent out Blarrg hoping to land another Yawn on Aerodactyl, and he tanked Rock Slide and landed it. I healed him so he could take another hit, and this time Aerodactyl used Aerial Ace, which did very little to Blarrg. Wanting to save on Ancient Power's PP for Lance's three Dragonite (and Aerodactyl's HP was pretty low at this point), I had Blarrg use Lava Plume, and it took Aerodactyl down. Against Lance's first Dragonite, Blarrg used Yawn, which hit first due to Quick Claw luck. I then kept healing Blarrg against Outrage until Dragonite fell asleep. Blarrg took him down with three Ancient Powers and a Lava Plume. Lance's second Dragonite paralyzed Blarrg with Thunder Wave, so I healed him of it on the next turn where Dragonite would fall asleep. After healing Blarrg from a critical Dragon Rush, I had him use Ancient Power again, the second of which took Dragonite down. Lance's third Dragonite paralyzed Blarrg again, but he was still able to hit with Yawn. I healed Blarrg of his paralysis the next turn, and Dragonite fell asleep after missing Blarrg. Blarrg used Ancient Power, then I had to recover some of its PP using a Max Ether (I didn't have any normal Ethers on me). Dragonite woke up, so I had Blarrg use Yawn again and healed him the next turn. I then had to heal Blarrg again, and while Dragonite woke up the next turn turn, his Dragon Rush missed, and Blarrg took him down with an Ancient Power, even getting the stat boost. I kept Blarrg out, and after tanking an Air Slash, he took Charizard down with another Ancient Power, winning me the fight against Lance and getting me in the Hall of Fame.

I may have beaten Lance, but it's far from over. Stay tuned for my adventure through Kanto, my rematch of the Elite 4 and Lance, and my fight against Red.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 10

Gyms Completed
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce
    Clair
    Lt. Surge
    Sabrina

Current Team
    Spoiler:

I left my house, got the S.S. Ticket from Professor Elm, and flew to Olivine City. I went to get on the S.S. Anne, getting the National Pokédex from Professor Oak, then boarded the S.S. Anne. I fought all the trainers, as well as doing the quests, then left the S.S. Anne to Vermilion City. After healing my Pokémon, I went into Lt. Surge's gym and fought the trainers while looking for the hidden switches. Once I found them and turned the forcefield off, I went up and challenged Lt. Surge.

The battle against Lt. Surge was pretty easy. I sent out Rusty as my lead Pokémon. Raichu paralyzed him with Thunder Wave, but despite that, as well as Raichu using Double Team, Rusty was able to take him down with one Dig. I healed Rusty of his paralysis, and defeated Lt. Surge's first Electrode with Dig despite it using Double Team twice. Since I didn't have to heal Rusty this time, Lt. Surge's second Electrode went down sooner with, once again, to Dig. Magneton, likewise, easily went down to Fire Fang. And finally, Rusty destroyed Electabuzz with Dig, winning me the battle.

With that done, I went back to the Pokémon Center and healed, then left Vermilion City for Route 6. I fought the trainers there, getting some extra training for Saffron City. Once at Saffron City, I went to challenge the gym after exploring the city. After the tedious teleporter puzzle, as well as fighting whatever trainers I came across, I finally reached Sabrina and challenged her.

I sent out Ember as my lead Pokémon. She easily took down Espeon with one Megahorn. Mr. Mime took slightly longer due to Sabrina using a Full Restore, but Ember took her (yes, this was a female Mr. Mime) down. Alakazam took Ember out with Psychic due to being faster than her, so I sent Rusty out to deal with him. Alakazam wasted his turn with Skill Swap, allowing Flareon to obliterate him, winning me the fight against Sabrina. So far, it seems the claims about the Kanto Gym Leader battles being easy in GS and their remakes is true (this is definitely gonna come back to bite me in the future, I just know it is).

I left Saffron City for Route 7. There, I searched through the grass until I found and caught a Houndour. I moved on to Celadon City, went into the Pokémon Center, and called it a day there.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 11

Completed Gyms:
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce
    Clair
    Lt. Surge
    Sabrina
    Erika
    Misty

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

I left the Pokémon Center and went into the Celadon Gym. I fought through the trainers and reached Erika at the end of the maze. Thus began the battle with her.

I sent out Ember as my lead Pokémon. She poisoned Jumpluff with Poison Jab, while Jumpluff set up Sunny Day. Erika healed Jumpluff with a Full Restore, but Ember took her down with two Poison Jabs. Ember hit Tangela with Poison Jab, but Tangela put her to sleep with Sleep Powder, so I switched her out for Bunga, who defeated Tangela with Flamethrower. Bunga also easily took down Victreebel with Flamethrower. Bellossom was slightly harder due to tanking Bunga's Flamethrower, healing with her Sitrus Berry, setting up Sunny Day, and hitting hard with Solar Beam, but Bunga defeated her with another Flamethrower, winning me the battle against Erika.

I left the Celadon Gym, healed at the Pokémon Center, and left to go through Route 7, Saffron City, and Route 5 to get to Cerulean City. After some exploring the city, I went through Routes 24 and 25 to do some training. During this training, Ramsey evolved into Houndoom.

I then remembered that I can't fight Misty until I complete the Power Plant sidequest, so I left for Route 9, and fought all the trainers there. I reached Route 10 and went into the Rock Tunnel. Once I made it out, I continued through Route 10, fighting all the trainers.

I made a stop at Lavender Town, where I realized I went the wrong way to the Power Plant. I went back to Rock Tunnel to get to Route 9, where I found the river and surfed down it. I reached the Power Plant, went inside, and started the sidequest.

I surfed back to Route 9, and returned to Cerulean City. I went into the gym, and found the Team Rocket Grunt. I went after him to Route 24, and fought him. After defeating him, I went back to Cerulean City to find the Machine Part in the gym. I found it, and made my way back to the Power Plant. I returned the Machine Part, and left for Cerulean City.

I went to Route 25, found Misty, and went into the gym back at Cerulean City. I fought all the trainers in the gym, and soon reached Misty. I sent out Bunga as my lead Pokémon against Golduck. First, Bunga set up a Sunny Day, and then destroyed Golduck with a Solar Beam. Bunga proceeded to do the same thing to Quagsire. Starmie tanked the first Solar Beam, but went down after another one. Lapras was hit hard by Solar Beam, but took Bunga out. I switched to Elmo, and took Lapras down with a Thunder Punch, winning the battle.

I left the gym and went into the Cerulean gym, calling it a day.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 12

Gyms Completed:
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce
    Clair
    Lt. Surge
    Sabrina
    Erika
    Misty
    Janine
    Brock

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

I flew to Lavender Town and went to Route 12. I fought all the trainers on there for the EXP, and did the same on Routes 13, 14, and 15.

At Fuchsia City, I went to the gym, and fought all the trainers. I soon reached Janine, and initiated the battle.

I sent Bunga out as my lead Pokémon. After taking a Wing Attack from Crobat, he used Flamethrower, which damaged her pretty good, and even burned her. Janine used a Full Restore on Crobat, and on the next turn, she confused Bunga with Confuse Ray. After a few turns of bad luck with confusion, Bunga took Crobat down with Swift. Next was Weezing, whom Bunga easily took out with one Flamethrower. He likewise mopped the floor with Janine's first Ariados. I switched over to Elmo, and he easily defeated Janine's second Ariados with Flamethrower. Finally, there was Venomoth, who went down like a moth to a flame from Elmo's Flamethrower, winning me the battle.

I flew to Vermilion City, and made my way to Route 11. I played the Poké Flute on my Pokégear, which woke up the Snorlax blocking Diglett's Cave. I fought and defeated the Snorlax, giving me access to the cave. I went through Diglett's Cave to Route 2. I fought the Bug Catcher on there for some extra training, then reached Pewter City.

I went into the gym and fought both the trainers. I reached Brock and started the battle. Elmo was my lead Pokémon.

Against Graveler, Elmo set up a Sunny Day, but go knocked out by Earthquake. I sent out Bunga, and he quickly took out Graveler with Solar Beam. Bunga then proceeded to decimate Rhyhorn, Omastar, Onix, and Kabutops with Solar Beam, and thus I won.

I worked on Ramsey's moveset a bit, then called it a day in front of the Pewter City Pokémon Center.

Last edited:

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen
    Years
    • She/Her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ENTRY 13

Gyms Completed
    Faulkner
    Bugsy
    Whitney
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce
    Clair
    Lt. Surge
    Sabrina
    Erika
    Misty
    Janine
    Brock
    Blaine
    Blue

Current Team
    Spoiler:

I left Pewter City for Viridian Forest. I made my way through Routes 2 and 1, made it to Pallet Town, and surfed through Route 21 to Cinnabar Island. After healing up at the Pokémon Center, I surfed through Route 20 and reached the Seafoam Islands. I entered Blaine's gym, and fought the trainers all the way to Blaine himself.

I sent out Blarrg as my lead Pokémon against Blaine's Magcargo. Blarrg took a good chunk of his HP out with Ancient Power, and got the much coveted stat boost. Another Ancient Power took out the Magcargo. Blaine sent out his Magmar next, and set up Sunny Day. An Ancient Power nearly took him out, and Blarrg got another stat boost. Blaine healed him with a Full Restore, but Ancient Power took him down.. Last was Rapidash, who used Bounce, thus dodging Ancient Power. However, Bounce missed, and Rapidash was almost destroyed by Ancient Power. Blaine healed him with a Full Restore, but he went down to Ancient Power. Thus, I won against Blaine.

I left the Seafoam Islands to do some training in preparation to face off against Blue. Once I was finally done leveling everyone up to Level 60, I flew to Viridian City and entered Blue's gym. I fought through any trainers in my way,, and eventually reached Blue.

I sent out Ember as my lead. She took out Exeggutor with one Megahorn. I switched Ember out for Bunga against Rhydon, and he set up a Sunny Day. Bunga promptly took out Raymond with a Solar Beam.

I switched Bunga out for Elmo against Gyarados, and he nearly took him out with Thunder Punch. Gyarados set up a Dragon Dance. The next turn, Blue used a Full Restore on Gyarados, and thus he took another Thunder Punch from Elmo, though he was paralyzed by it this time. Elmo destroyed him with another Thunder Punch.

Blue sent out Machamp. A Flamethrower from Elmo took him to half his HP, but he used Earthquake and nearly took out Elmo. Luckily, since Elmo was faster than Machamp, he took him out with another Flamethrower.

I switche Elmo out for Blarrg against Arcanine. Blarrg's Quick Claw activated, allowing him to hit Arcanine with an Ancient Power, and tanked a Dragon Pulse from Arcanine. The next turn, Arcanine outsped Blarrg, hitting him with another Dragon Pulse. Arcanine withstood another Ancient Power. Since Blarrg's HP was getting low, I healed him, and Blue healed Arcanine. Once again, Arcanine used Dragon Pulse, while Blarrg used another Ancient Power.

Blarrg used Ancient Power again, and I soon found out how he was able to outspeed Arcanine despite his Quick Claw not activating: Arcanine used Roar. Ember was sent out, and Blue healed Arcanine again. Ember continuously used Poison Jab, the third of which poisoned Arcanine. Not that it mattered, since Arcanine used Flare Blitz after that, taking himself out from the recoil damage.

I switched Ember out for Blarrg against Pidgeot. Pidgeot used Air Slash, which Blarrg survived. Blarrg then used Ancient Power. This repeated until Pidgeot went down, winning me the battle against Blue.

I got the phone call from Professo Oak after setting foot outside the Gym. After healing my Pokémon, I made my way to Pallet Town and spoke with Professor Oak. I was given the HM for Rock Climb, as well as accessibility to Mt. Silver (which I will traverse after rematching the Elite Four). With all 16 badges in my possession, it's time for the task of training for the Elite Four rematch. Stay tuned, everyone!

Back