• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Crystal clear, the journey of hobo joe!

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Run information: This is crystal clear, if you don't know what crystal clear is, it's basically the ultimate way to experience joto and Kanto with a TON of improvements and quality of life features!

In this run, I will be buying potions until I am out of money and dropping them all. There are two goals right now, saving up enough money to buy a house... and becoming the pokemon champion.

Hobo Joe's journey starts here!

Hobo Joe is a 40 year old down and out homeless man in the streets of Celadon city, he has no money in his pocket, no potions, and no food. Today he found pokeball and used it to catch his beloved pet rat and decided if he was gonna be homeless, might as well be a pokemon trainer! Finally, a good way to make money!
    Screenshot_20221215-163040_My_OldBoy.jpg

Screenshot_20221203-150820_My_OldBoy.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Hobo joe made his way over to a trainer! Found 4 in a row and picked a fight with them. His rat easily kicked their ashes and so he found himself for the first time with money!

Screenshot_20221203-194200_My_OldBoy.jpg

He used this money to buy himself a pokeball! And he had just the pokemon in mind for the first catch

Introducing treasure, the grimer. He knew he had a friend for life, another who appreciated trash like he did!

Screenshot_20221203-194655_My_OldBoy.jpg

Hobo joe while training in some tall grass met a new member of the team! He could never understand why people hate these little creatures, but he finds "Billy" adorable.

Screenshot_20221203-200642_My_OldBoy.jpg

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    He ended up wandering to cerulean city! His first gym! A big step for hobo joe! However there is one issue.... none of his pokemon can swim... he needed something to take care of the gym leaders pet fish. So he decided to catch a plant! Hobo joe is no gardener, but plants like water right? So went in search of one and finally found a plant! It's kind of goofy looking though, but hobos can't be picky.

Screenshot_20221203-201502_My_OldBoy.jpg

Plant did it! Almost died of overwatering, but the wierd looking plant kicked some fish ash! Score 1 for the hobo! He now has a shiny looking badge! He can really count himself as a real pokemon trainer now

Screenshot_20221204-194747_My_OldBoy.jpg

Years
    • He/Him
    • Online now
    I like it but... Could you please crop the emulator controls out? They take up far too much space.

Back