• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Battle Frontier & Battle Tent trainers capitalized generated text

Migferdi

Migferdi
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    Hi everyone! I'm looking for help with my romhack, which is basically a translation of Pokémon Emerald from spanish to asturian (a regional language of Spain).

To put things in context, I started this project in September 2021 and the only objective I have is to accomplish a complete translation. This means that I won't be changing anything from the base game - by the way, I'm working with the american version of Pokémon Emerald.

Recently I came across an almost unsolvable issue for me, which is related to what it says in the thread's title.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace this way of generating text with normal writing?
    Battle Frontier & Battle Tent trainers capitalized generated text
    For example, something like making all Battle Frontier/Tents trainers say "Good luck!" (before the battle), "Well done!" (after winning) and "Try harder next time!" (after losing).

I know for a fact that they use the "Easy Chat System" (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Easy_chat_system#In_Generation_III) to generate their lines, but if can replace it with the same text for every NPC, I might be able to translate the whole chat system without messing up what the trainers say. That thingy is also used for the trends in Dewford Town, all the interviews, writing mail... and I want my players to be able to mess around with asturian words and expressions.

I'm sorry if my request seems very specific, the thing is that I'm a very meticulous person and I don't want to leave the Easy Chat System nor the Battle facilities trainers untranslated.

If anyone could give me information about this topic, it would be much appreciated. In HexManiacAdvance 0.5.1 only the Battle Frontier trainers are displayed (not the Battle Tent ones), so I'm afraid this won't be an easy task, if even possible. However, it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Battle Frontier & Battle Tent trainers capitalized generated text
    Thank you for reading!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    you would have to modify the entire game. and make it your own.

Last edited:

Migferdi

Migferdi
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    Thanks for responding. Can you explain what you mean in more detail? If I have to make crazy changes or do something that requires advance knowledge, I might dismiss the idea.

Back