• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Making an NPC disappear permanently?

Za_Destroyer

hmmm yes I drive gud
Years
  • Hiya!

I've been fiddling around with the ROM for Pokémon Ruby for a project of mine, and I've come across a bit of an issue. There's a certain character I'm trying to add in the game where after you battle (and win) against him, he disappears from the map to let you enter Granite Cave.

(To clarify, that really is how I intend for it to happen! Don't ask. ;P)

The problem is, although I've gotten him to disappear temporarily, if I exit and enter the map again, he reappears!!! 0_0

So, I was wondering what a scripting solution to this could be. Please keep in mind that I'm really new to ROM hacking (been doing it for literally a few days XD). I'm using XSE, AdvanceMap 1.92, and Pokémon Ruby V1.0.

Thanks so much for your time!
    -Za_Destroyer

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2018
    The best way to do that is to set him a person ID
    and then use setflag command.

For example, you used Flag 200 as his Person ID

use setflag 0x200 and he will disappear unless you clear that flag.

Last edited:

Za_Destroyer

hmmm yes I drive gud
    Years
  • I attempted to set the flag of an NPC in a simple script and couldn't get it to work. Maybe I did it wrong?

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    setflag 0x0066
    release
    end

Za_Destroyer

hmmm yes I drive gud
    Years
  • Tried using flag 0x015D and flag 0x15D and the guy still came back. I made absolutely sure to set the Event ID correctly in Advance Map each time as well.

Sorry for being such a pain. I really appreciate the help you guys are giving me!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2018
    Tried using flag 0x015D and flag 0x15D and the guy still came back. I made absolutely sure to set the Event ID correctly in Advance Map each time as well.

Sorry for being such a pain. I really appreciate the help you guys are giving me!

It would be cool if you could send us the compiled script that set the flag of that OW and the screenshot of Advance Map with the Event data of the OW you wished to disappear.

Back