• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Let's give Kris a backstory!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Kris was the first female playable character in any of the main Pokemon games. Unfortunately for her there's no legend. Gold and Silver - the star characters from Generation Two are loved and remembered. Their story has been told. Kris? Her story still has yet to be discovered. Feel free to answer as many or little paragraphs as you would like! :) This is more for the fun of it and isn't serious but it gets you to think about what could have been! Be super creative and have fuuunnn~

Do you think Kris has always lived in Johto?
What's her favourite Pokemon?
What does she go on to do after beating Red?
What's her main motivations? Does she like to collect Pokemon, battle, trade?
Does she ever meet up with Gold and Silver again?
Do you think she'll ever own Suicune?
Who do you think her father is? Where is he?

Discuss! Bring up your own thoughts on what you think Kris is really like. :)

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
as much as i dont want to bring the Manga into this. wasnt she prominently featured in that? though that had an entirely different story to the games with the whole "Mask of Ice" stuff.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
For me, what you call "Gold's backstory" IS Kris' backstory. She defeated the 16 gyms, stopped Team Rocket, faced Suicune, and beat Red at Mt. Silver.

When you play as her in Crystal, she's the one who does all those things, while Gold doesn't exist at all. (Or, at best, merely exists as "Cal" in Viridian's Trainer House.)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
True true, but Gold is remembered and Kris is forgotten! I think she should at least have a significant connection with Suicune whereas Gold with Ho-Oh.

For me I don't think she was born in Johto. I think she was born in a region far away and just only spent the last five or so years just hanging in New Bark Town, just waiting for her time to come - to find Suicune.

Back