• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Hunter

pkmin3033

...given the rampant popularity of World right now, I'm amazed we don't have a PC Hunting Squad for that or something.

So...Monster Hunter! It's been around for a while, jumping from platform to platform, with the latest iteration being on the PS4 after many years of it sitting comfortably on the 3DS. Anyone here play Monster Hunter? What's your favourite weapon, and favourite/least favourite monster? Ever hit any walls whilst going through the story, or had some memorable multiplayer matches? Hopes for the franchise's future?

Mariposa

Banned
    Years
  • I jumped into the monster hunter fanbase with tri. I got bored with if fairly quickly though, and only after coming back later did I really start to appreciate the games. Since then I've played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and 4 Ultimate too. I always tend to gravitate towards Greatswords or Longswords the most. And, my favorite monster has to be the Barroth.

Given that World has caused a lot of mainstream success not seen in the west before, I would really like it if we saw more monster hunter games released globally. For example, 4 and Portable 3rd were never released worldwide, and personally I would really like to see more of these kinds of games released worldwide.

pkmin3033

Given that World has caused a lot of mainstream success not seen in the west before, I would really like it if we saw more monster hunter games released globally. For example, 4 and Portable 3rd were never released worldwide, and personally I would really like to see more of these kinds of games released worldwide.
    Well, we got the expanded version of 4 in 4U, so it wasn't so bad. Although Portable 3rd would have been nice. Any of the Frontier titles too, although I think World has the potential to eclipse Frontier eventually. It baffles me that they didn't release and have no plans to release XX for the Switch, either...especially given the Switch's success.

World is actually Capcom's fastest selling game, ever. Based on this I can see them giving a higher priority to releasing MH titles worldwide in the future...it started as a niche series and it's definitely come right out of that now with this.

Back