• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to go, where to go...

Years
  • I have a Lv 55 Wingull (ready for evolution) and a Lv 49 Deino (whose moveset I want maxed out before I evolve him). Does anyone know of a good Unovan location were I can train the Wingull? Details are as follows:

Lv. 55 Wingull w/ Smoke Ball
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Hasty
    Move 1: Blizzard
    Move 2: Aerial Ace
    Move 3: Scald
    Move 4: Hurricane

Lv. 49 Deino w/ Exp. Share
    Ability: Hustle
    Nature: Quiet
    Move 1: Strength
    Move 2: Dragon Pulse
    Move 3: Body Slam
    Move 4: Dragon Rush

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Next time, refer to Black / White's Quick Question thread for this kind of thing :3
    Are you looking for EV Training spots or just overall experience?

Just a quick comment on your movesets, though.

Pelipper
    Ability: Keen Eye (Rain Dish is optimal, though)
    Nature: Hasty (Hasty is bad because it lowers your DEF... Bold)
    Move 1: Toxic
    Move 2: Roost
    Move 3: Scald

Pelipper's main trait is that it's defensive, so you should try to run as defensive a moveset as possible. Scald's burn effect will halve the foe's ATK to make you resist them better, but since it's only 30%, you have Toxic to damage the foe otherwise. Roost is for healing and mitigating weaknesses to Rock / Electric while healing. Hurricane has good power to compensate for Pelipper's weaker offenses.

Pelipper
    Nature: Hasty (Modest)
    Move 1: Agility / Roost
    Move 2: Ice Beam
    Move 3: Scald / Hydro Pump

This set is more offensive than the last. Unfortunately, Pelipper doesn't have anything to boost its weak SpATK, but it has Agility to help it's SPE. In Rain, Pelipper shines with its double STAB moves. Hydro Pump hits harder, but Hurricane always hits (and can confuse). It's best to run this with an ally with Rain Dance (maybe an Electric-type). Ice Beam for coverage.

Hydreigon
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Quiet (this is pretty bad for Hydreigon, since he's a special attacker)
    Move 1: Fire Blast
    Move 2: Crunch / Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    Move 3: Earthquake
    Move 4: Outrage

Since you're at a disadvantage Nature, you'll want to run a mostly Physical set. Run Outrage as your primary attack; it's powerful, but be wary of getting locked in on an Ice-type on the following turn. Earthquake is powerful and has amazing coverage. Crunch can be used as secondary STAB and coverage for Psychic / Ghost types, but Stone Edge / Rock Slide can be used as well, depending on your team composition. Stone Edge is more powerful and can crit easily, but Rock Slide is more accurate and can flinch. Fire Blast for Steel-types.

Years
  • No offense, but that's a little complicated.

Are you looking for EV Training spots or just overall experience?

Overall experience. IVs and EVs to me are like computer-programming talk to an ordinary person.

Also, I will try and look into changing the movesets. Thanks.

UPDATE:

Pelipper
    Nature: Hasty (Modest)
    Move 1: Agility / Roost
    Move 2: Ice Beam
    Move 3: Scald / Hydro Pump

Ice Beam: No can do. Can't find the TM (I know the location (Giant Chasm), I just can't find it).

Last edited:

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
    Years
  • i cant help with the others but i can help with pelliper,

pelipper
    move 1: air cutter(good stab move)
    move 2: ice beam (just try to find it)
    move 3: surf(i think it can learn it) or scald
    move 4: protect/roost (either is good)
    move 4:

Back