• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Adoption Challenge run

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 10, 2022
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 2.04.00 PM.png
Hello everyone, Cress here. Recently, I had an idea for a challenge that I think would be a somewhat difficult run. The main idea behind this run is that you are "adopting" Pokemon into your party, instead of capturing them yourself. This will require you to trade them in. I am not including the gen 5 games in this run because they require the first badge to trade. Check bulbapedia for each games trade requirements. If you require 2 pokemon, you are allowed to catch something for the requirement. The only pokemon you will actually catch in game are HM slaves. Other than the starter you choose to adopt, the rest of your team will be determined by a random Pokemon generator. Your team will slowly be built throughout the run, where at certain checkpoints you will adopt a new member into your team. You will adopt these pokemon after the first, third, fourth, sixth, and seventh badges. I originally planned for this to be a "Stuck with me" challenge, and that is the main premise. You are stuck with the team you get, the only thing you control is what your starter replacement is.

Rules:
  • Use only level 1 Pokémon/eggs that you have traded into the game. (adoption)
  • Trade in a freshly hatched Pokémon of your choice to swap out for your starter at the beginning of the game.
  • Trade in one Pokémon that was freshly hatched/still an egg, after beating certain gyms: "Adopt" a new pokemon after the first, third, fourth, sixth, and seventh badges.
  • Each Pokémon you adopt after your starter must be chosen from a random Pokémon generator. This will make it so your team is out of your control, or you are "stuck with" those Pokemon.
  • Your starter replacement must have fire/water/grass as one of its types.
  • You aren't allowed to catch any Pokémon, except for HM slaves when necessary.

End of Challenge Points
G/S/C/HG/SS - Defeat Lance
R/S/E/OR/AS - Defeat Steven (R/S/OR/AS) or Wallace (E)
D/P/Pt - Defeat Cynthia
X/Y - Defeat Diantha
S/M - Defeat Kukui
US/UM - Defeat Hau
Sw/Sh - Defeat Leon
Hacks - Determined by player (usually the Champion or Final Boss of the hack)

Sign-up form:

Username:
Game:
Name used in game:

Example/My form:

Username: PKMNTrainerCress
Game: Pokemon Platinum
Name used in game: Cress

Last edited:
Back