• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Dynamic Overworld Palette compiling issue.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    https://imgur.com/gallery/N72DGcU
    N72DGcU

I am trying to use Dynamic Overworld Palettes to prepare for adding Overworld Sprites, but I every time I try to compile the Python script I get this error. I cannot use the IPS patch as the is already info at the default hex location. Anyone know a fix?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    That usually happens to me on many projects like mega evo, but I was able to fix it by switching to devkitarm 45

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    hmm well I got the script to compile and apply, but it appears to break any ROM I patch it to, even a fresh one. After insertion the game just loads to a black screen. If I use the IPS patch, it works fine, but the github version seems to break for me. The IPS patch even works when applied to the DPE/CRFU ROM, but its overwriting some data which I'm sure will lead to problems eventually, not sure what to do :/

Back