• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Recruiting for Pokemon Vanguard

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Pokemon_Vanguard.png

"Even within all the darkness, you will always find the light."
    By Ayrei

Life of a Pokemon Trainer, leave home at a young age, collect Gym Badges and Pokemon, and take on the Pokemon league. It was what everyone aspired to be at a young age, and with such ease, anyone could do it.

That was over 50 years ago...

Enter Ayrei, the first region to enter the Modern era.

In this time, Pokemon Trainers are tasked with protecting the lives of both innocent people and Pokemon across the world. One cannot become or act as a Pokemon trainer without the proper training licensing. Against them, are the Renegades, those who claim the title of a Pokemon Trainer, yet oppose these modern laws and ideas.

You are awoken within this region, no memories, no Pokemon, only a name. With nowhere else to go, you are invited to Vanguard Academy, a school with only one purpose, to train the next generation of Pokemon Trainers.

Features
    Embark on an adventure through a brand new Region filled with deep lore and mysteries!
    Enter a story that strays away from the concepts of the mainline series, no gyms, no league, and a heavy focus on narrative!
    Catch Pokemon from Gen 1 through 8.
    One of the most epic and unique soundtracks you will experience in a fangame
    Tons of Regional variants, with more coming each update!
    New regional variants to choose from as starters!
    Overworld encounters
    Sidequests
    And more!

Current Version Screenshots

SPOILER_unknown.png

Upcoming update Screenshots!
    Spoiler:

Recruitment Information!
    Pokemon Vanguard is now recruiting again!
    We have a large and friendly team, but we could always use the extra help!
    Read below for more info

[!] High Priority [!]
    Mapping
    While most of the main story maps are made by me, we're looking to heavily expand the side exploration of the game. I want to offer a lot of freedom to incoming mappers, by allowing you to pick an area on the region map to make an ingame map for, or if you'd prefer I can totally give you some suggestions aswell.

Regional Variant/Fakemon spriting
    Got an Idea for a Fakemon or Regional Variant that you want to make? Have an existing sprite(s) that you would like to find a home? You are free to sprite whatever design for a Fakemon or Regional Variant that you would like (as long as the variant doesn't already exist ingame, which we have a list of!) or like mapping, I could always provide you with suggestions/ideas if you would prefer that instead.

Trainer Spriting
    Most of the ingame sprites for the characters are either outdated, or from a public source/ripped from a main series title. We're looking for anyone who is interested in spriting Trainers, overworlds, and Vs. sprites.

Anything Else?
    If you can know of a way that wasn't mention above in which you can help out, please let me know!

Additional Important information
    If you are interested in helping out, please contact me on discord @Ayrei#1000 and/or Join the discord server and let me know there.
    While I don't have any requirements, I would really appreciate it if you provided me with: Your Age, the name in which you would like to be credited with, how you would like to help out, and at least one example of work you have done in the past that relates to the way you would like to help out.
    And finally, this is a Hobby/Passion project. I am in no way looking for super professional or high quality work or requiring you to abide to that, nor will I ever pressure you/require you to meet a certain deadline. You are also not obligated to stick with the team if you would just like to help out short term.
    I will credit you for all the work you do, and you will receive a shiny Development role in our discord.

Credits
    Spoiler:

The discord
    https://discord.gg/sr24E8keRs
    Why join the discord?
    I'm not always online this site or others that I have this game posted on.
    Joining the discord allows easy access to bug reporting, game patches, progress updates, beta testing, and more.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    I read your synopsis and thought it was really cool, so I'd be happy to help out

My Discord is:
    LordBN#7676

Thanks

LordBN0

Back