• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Randomizing the wild pokemon in storm silver/sacred gold

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2020
    I want to randomize the wild pokemon (and static/starter) if possible in storm silver. I know how to randomize HG/SS with the universal randomizer, but it doesn't work on storm silver/sacred gold. I am aware of the existence of an AR code that can make any wild pokemon appear in HG/SS. However, I really enjoy playing with a "randomize with similar BST" feature, so here lies my predicament. Someone on reddit mentioned the following possibility for editing the wild pokemon in storm silver/sacred gold:

"Randomize a vanilla ROM and move the randomized NARCs over to the ROM hack. Might not be appropriate for the expanded NARCs so you'll have to transfer the individual files over too."

So, I have both a randomized version of vanilla soul silver and a patched storm silver. I want to move the "pokemon files" or whatever they're called from the randomized rom to the difficulty-patched rom, but if that's not the only solution to getting a randomized by BST copy of storm silver then I'm all ears. I am not a ROM hacker whatsoever; I'm only here on this forum for this question. I don't know what NARCs are, and I have no clue what the reddit solution is talking about.

-Is what I want to do possible?
    -How do I do what I want to do (randomize wild, static & starter pokemon by BST in storm silver)?
    -If you have the answers, could you please explain the solution in detail enough that you could have understood it before you took an interest in ROM hacking?

Back