• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] NPC Problems

Years
  • So I'm finally done being mad at my project, and working on it again, so I'm wonering if anyone has an answer to my problem. So NPCs I try to place in a few of my maps always either end up in completely the wrong place, or saying the wrong thing, and I haven't been able to fix it. What I was reading before makes it seem like it could be the map script causing problems, since right now these problems are in what used to be Pallet Town and Oak's Lab, but I don't know how to change that without screwing up something major. Anyone got any advice?

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Without any visual idea of what's going on, it's difficult to diagnose exactly what the problem is.

I would suggest clearing any map level scripts that could be intervening and make sure each NPC is assigned a unique event no. in AdvanceMap.

If that doesn't work, try inserting brand new NPCs with different event numbers compared to the ones which you're having trouble with.

Back