• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Font files in the game and on the computer

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2020
    Every time I test the game I'm making in Essentials, it tells me this:

"One or more fonts used in this game do not exist on the system. The game can be played, but the look of the game's text will not be optimal. To install the necessary fonts, copy the files in this game's Fonts folder in Control Panel."

I've done that. I tried copying them all over as a group, and then individually, but none of that worked. Does anybody know what to do from here?

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • Idk if it's in Main or compiler but it says this in one of those:
    Kernel.pbMessage("One or more fonts used in this game do not exist on the system. The game can be played, but the look of the game's text will not be optimal.") Kernel.pbMessage("To install the necessary fonts, copy the files in this game's Fonts folder in Control Panel.")
    Might help to change to:
    Code:
    if $DEBUG
      Kernel.pbMessage("Not all fonts were installed, this message is shown because you are in debug mode")#Shows a different message if tested form the RPG maker XP engine 
    else
      Kernel.pbMessage("One or more fonts used in this game do not exist on the system. The game can be played, but the look of the game's text will not be optimal.")
      Kernel.pbMessage("To install the necessary fonts, copy the files in this game's Fonts folder in Control Panel.")
    end
    Hope this helped!

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2020
    Try installing them for all users. that's what I did when faced with the same issue

Well, I got it to take six of the fonts, but there are two of the fonts that just refuse to copy over. I'm assuming that I'm copying to something that makes it available to all users...

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2020
    Try installing them for all users. that's what I did when faced with the same issue

Is there any way you can walk me through where specifically to go to put these fonts in? (I found someplace where I managed to put six of the eight fonts in but I can't find it any more.)

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Is there any way you can walk me through where specifically to go to put these fonts in? (I found someplace where I managed to put six of the eight fonts in but I can't find it any more.)

highlight all the fonts and click on the "Install for all Users" button with the blue and yellow shield. I'm assuming you're on windows so...

Back