• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Trouble with playtesting

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Hey guys, so I've been having this problem where whenever I compile a new script I have to reset my roms save file in visual boy advance in order for it to take affect (any save file I have just plays the version before compiling my new script). This is fairly inconvenient because I have to start from the beginning every time and play up to the point I need to playtest. Is there some workaround for this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    I find saving works fine, provided you're not saved in the room you want to make changes in. It seems so long as it's loading the map for the first time that the changes take effect.

I'm a bit of a newbie myself, so any better advice on how to play test would be much appreciated.

Back