• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Battleship

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024

Pokemon Battleship

Story

this adventure puts you in the middle of a cruise ship. You are a 45 year old gentleman or a socialite who has all the money in the world but would do anything to increase their revenue . Satisfy your gold lust and see if you can beat all the trainers aboard including a highly skilled captain and win a really expensive prize.

Features

• New Music.
    • New items.
    • The ability to run.
    • The ability to play this on real hardware.

Screenshots

Pokemon BattleshipPokemon BattleshipPokemon BattleshipPokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship

Pokemon Battleship

Credits

• Creators prefer to be anonymous.

Bugs

• The game appears to have no issues besides being really short.

Download

Download version 1.0a

Last edited:

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • I've just completed the game and I would like to say a few things.

Firstly, the concept is interesting. Playing as a middle aged man or woman instead of an adolescent makes for a more refreshing experience. From the start, you already have 6 Pokemon with you at different levels. Furthermore, there are no wild Pokemon because you are on the ship the whole time. As a result, you cannot simply grind and over-level the trainers, but most of your Pokemon can overcome said trainers.

However, the plot and setting seems a bit dubious. As for the plot, you are trying to battle your way to a financial award despite having "all the money in the world". I get that the protagonist is taking a financial risk (losing makes you lose money in the Pokemon world) battling all these trainers, but I'm not sure if his or her team is up to the task entirely. Our wealthy main character already knows that the captain to be battled at the end is a water-type expert. So why bring two Pokemon weak to water and two that have a poor matchup against water types? I understand it's mainly for team balance, but replacing one of the party members with a grass type would have made more sense.
    Spoiler:

Also, how come nobody else is trying to battle for the prize but the protagonist? Barely anyone mentions the prize in the first place. They would rather talk about the cruise and its services or anything battle related. It would make sense to have a few people gunning for the prize but the person you play as.

Now for the ocean liner setting, the area could be more fleshed out. From what I've heard of in the introduction, this is a five star ship. So for something that's suppose to be very luxurious, why is the ship feel so small? There are only three floors on the ship with little to do in each floor but battle trainers or buy items.

I know the intention of this ROM hack is to be short and sweet and not to be ground-breaking, but I feel like it was too short and too easy to for me to like it. This game can be beaten in 1-2 hours or even less. Even if you don't use items in battle, most of the trainers can be beaten with simple strategies. The lack of exploration of the ship besides a few dialogs and descriptions make me longing for more.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Pokemon Battleship

Story

this adventure puts you in the middle of a cruise ship. You are a 45 year old gentleman or a socialite who has all the money in the world but would do anything to increase their revenue . Satisfy your gold lust and see if you can beat all the trainers aboard including a highly skilled captain and win a really expensive prize.

Features

• New Music.
    • New items.
    • The ability to run.
    • The ability to play this on real hardware.

Screenshots

Pokemon BattleshipPokemon BattleshipPokemon BattleshipPokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship Pokemon Battleship

Pokemon Battleship

Credits

• Creators prefer to be anonymous.

Bugs

• The game appears to have no issues besides being really short.

Download

Download version 1.0a

Haven't tried it but it looks decent, I'm glad someone took the time to actually create the protagonist as not a child for once, a really fresh and unique touch there. I might try it in the future, good luck with future projects

Back