• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
If this message appears than you have one Error. The name of your .rbc has a space like this:

Pokémon Script.rbc

If you want to make it working it should be this:

PokémonScript.rbc

Don't have a space in the name.

May solve the problem :D Thanks :D

Is there any way to create new maps without overwrite other maps?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Made a new map but I get "image-rom crash" when I try to warp to it :/ What is the correct way to make warps in advance map?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Is it possible to get all the offsets for the items and how do you do it?

If you have Elitemap than go into the folder.
Look out for the file "stditems.rbh". Open it with a Text Editor and scroll down. There are all indexes for the items when you make a script. (Items havn't offsets as you maybe think. The offsets they have in Advancemap is the offset of the script.) Than make a script. For getting an item it should look like this.
#org 0xfreeoffset
checkflag 0xfreeflag
giveitem 0xitemid 0xhow much
setflag 0x freeflag 'it has to be the value form above!'
release
end

I don't know how to erease the Pic of the event so ask somone else. Hope it'll help you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Help!

I mean't I would like to get the item in a pokeball, like I want to get the Eon ticket in a pokeball so I need to find the Eon Ticket Script I think. Can anyone help me?

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I have made the image smaller and it says: Error: Image not indexed please, could someone help me??

I have attached the sprite(Credit to pokemonelite200)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Ehrm...another question...
If you make a patch out of a ROM which has no edited maps and patch it on a ROM that has edited maps, will the maps be still edited or will they become "unedited"?

Thanks for answering on all my questions,

~Cya, UnitRico

P.S. I indeed ask alot of questions. It's for my hack. Click my spoiler to check it out!

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Ehrm...another question...
If you make a patch out of a ROM which has no edited maps and patch it on a ROM that has edited maps, will the maps be still edited or will they become "unedited"?

Thanks for answering on all my questions,

~Cya, UnitRico

P.S. I indeed ask alot of questions. It's for my hack. Click my spoiler to check it out!
If the patch has non edited maps than the patched one will also have non edited maps

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
I loaded my sript into ScriptED, and hit save, but it won't let me press COMPILE.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
I had a question and I need Help.

I have a new Island I made using Advance Map for Pokemon Fire Red, and when I open my town map it says I am on 5 Island and I would like it to be a different map and I want it to say that I am on Island 8. Is there any way I can do this. I also would like to input the Island into the Rainbow pass so I can travel to that Island 8 by ferry. Please Help me.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
"When I compile a script through ScriptEd (I don't like using PokeScript) and overwrite a gba game to put in the script, it always says the file wasn't found, even though it's really there."

Go same problem...
I just solved the problem for that person, so I'll help you too. First, name your rom image "game". DO NOT PUT ANY EXTENSIONS ON IT. Make it simply "game". Now, put your script into ScriptED and press compile. Do not select your game from the list! Instead, go to where it says, "File name:" and type in "game.gba.gba". Hit save, and it should work for you now.

Could someone give me a place to get a good Hex Tutorial, as I'm trying to do a translation project for "Keitai Denjuu Telefang" and is there a possible way to make it so yo can have a choice between Kuriputo and Fangusa?
Most to all hex-editors are good in my opinion, you just have to know how to use them. I suggest Hexecute 2.10. I suggested this version because it has a "Search Relative" function. But for later, you'll need Hexecute RC7, which allows you to input a table file a lot easier. If you know of better hex editor, feel free to use it, these are only suggestion.

Um whenever i patch a ROM, The rom never works when i load it on VBA, why is this?
Like Charmander said; make sure you have a clean Rom. Other than that, your on your own I'm afraid...:(

I have a new Island I made using Advance Map for Pokemon Fire Red, and when I open my town map it says I am on 5 Island and I would like it to be a different map and I want it to say that I am on Island 8. Is there any way I can do this. I also would like to input the Island into the Rainbow pass so I can travel to that Island 8 by ferry. Please Help me.
First of all, change the name of the island!:P Second, you'll have to edit the town map, to look the way you want. Also, if you want an event that makes it where you get the "Rainbow Pass" and a ferry takes you to "Island 8". You'll just have to make a simple script that does so. Ps. Warp scripts are super easy!

I think you can't compile scripts with scripted. Use Pokéskript or Diamond cutter.
Actually, Yeah it does. In reality that's what ScriptED is for, to insert or "compile" scripts into the game. Besides, Diamond Cutter is basically an earlier version of ScriptED. As for why it did not work, I'm not sure...Tell me exactly what happened.

As always, Hope this helped you all!
-Hiidoran

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2007
I am trying to make a hack of Emerald and i cannot get BaseEdit, BeWildered, or Patted to work for it. I always get a message saying "supported rom, but monsters base stats are not specified in the database." Is there anything i can do to fix it or are there and different programs that i can use that do the same thing?

Knoxius

Knoxskorner.com
Years
I have a problem with Advance Map

Whenever I try to change the tileset the tiles that are already on the map get replaced with the tiles on the new tileset that I just loaded and the houses and other buildings get messed up

If and one could tell me how to fix this I would greatly aprreciate it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Still Help.

First of all, change the name of the island! Second, you'll have to edit the town map, to look the way you want. Also, if you want an event that makes it where you get the "Rainbow Pass" and a ferry takes you to "Island 8". You'll just have to make a simple script that does so. Ps. Warp scripts are super easy!

How do I edit the Town Map? Can't I just input a new map of my own for 8 Island, and the New Jhoto Region. I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry there?

Help in Advance Map- How do I make a new town of my own without changing the name of an existing map and so on. I would like to put a new town with a new map, but if I change the name of an existing map it edits all the maps that are there.

Can you please help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back