• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please help - can't evolve non-Kanto Pokemon despite activating special 0x16F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello, as written above I can't get my non-Kantonian Pokemon to evolve in my Fire Red hack. I have activated special flag 0x16F so I get the option to click National Dex when opening the Pokedex, and as suggested by the following post I have changed the bytes @ 0xCE91A to 000014E0, but still my Chikorita won't evolve;
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249530

Have I missed something?

Years
  • If this helps, no evolutions are working, even Kanto ones. I put an NPC in to give me a bunch of rare candy and tried evolving some Kanto Pokemon, nono have evolved :(

I changed the max number of evolutions from 5 to 7 using PGE to account for Eeveelutions, but haven't changed any actual data in the game to tell it that I've done so, I thought PGE would do it automagically so I'm guessing that's my probelm. What do I need to do to tell the game the max number of evoltions is 7 not 5?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back