• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting a set! Flexing the old PS muscles

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
  • Woot! I'm back at faking! This is the first set I've attempted, using new blanks and rules. I used to use Hidden Legends stuff, but since PPN and their awesome tutorials are gone, I've converted to Pokemon Zeo and Neo-style cards.

Let's go!

Pokemon TCG
    NEO:
    New Horizons

adamscharmander.jpg

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Very basic card. Too basic to make too many judgments here, but so far:
    - When a Pokemon is someone's (Brock's Geodude, or in your case, Adam's Charmander), you should really be using a Gym blank. There's 'Adam', but who knows who Adam is and how many Adam there are in the world. Draw a face or whatever for yourself and use a Gym blank, I'd suggest. Not a huge issue though.
    - Weakness/Resistance/RC symbols should be closer, vertical-wise, to their respective text. Also, try to make it so the symbols are centred (so the W symbol would be around Weakness, etc)
    - The font for the Illustrator looks wrong. Too condensed, not bolded, etc.
    - It's missing set number and rarity.
    - Name of the card is a tad small.
    - 'Fire Tackle' < Name is a tad small as well.
    - Since 'Fire Tackle' is its only attack, I'd suggest putting it near the centre of the card.
    - The energies for Fire Tackle would preferably more closer together. Maybe one pixel or two.
    - There are some white stray pixels on each corner of the art. I'd suggest cleaning it.

Otherwise, not many complaints here. Once again, you haven't really done much here (one attack, no actual attack text, etc) so I can't say too much. It's a good start though; good luck with your set.

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Well done on getting all the correct fonts though - Syosuke's comments on size an placing are correct, and I'd like to point out that the attack should be centred vertically, midway between the bottom line and the stats line. But overall, this shows much promise.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • I fixed up a few things you guys told me to do.
    adamscharmander-2.png

With that said..
    -I'm not doing rarity or numbers for this set, since I don't know how many cards it'll be, and i could care less about rarity
    -the name and attack sizes are both according to Pokemon Zeo, so take it up with them.
    -I fixed that white noise in the pic. Thanks for pointing that out.
    -I'm using Neo blanks because they're easier than Gym blanks, and because i don't have headshots for all these folks..yet. :p

And I have a new one too:
    marshallschikoritacopy.png

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    - Weakness/Resistance/RC symbols should be closer, vertical-wise, to their respective text. Also, try to make it so the symbols are centred (so the W symbol would be around Weakness, etc)
    ^ That still stands in Charmander.
    - Once again, sizes are too small. If you are going by Zeo's Tutorial, they aren't using Photoshop. Photoshop uses a pt system for sizes, everything else uses a standard size system I'd assume. Size 20 Bold in PSP is not Size 20 Bold in Photoshop. This goes for your attack titles, attack text and everything else as well. They're a tad small. If you look at real card, you'd notice straight away that the size of the number of damage isn't that small.
    - The placement of the text you used for Chikorita's Pokedex lore is a bit strange. 'gives' looks like it should be on the 1st line.
    - Any reason why the Illus. font with Chikorita is semi-green (or has lowered opacity, whatever)? Then again, not a huge issue so you can ignore this.

Overall, good improvement. Solid cards you have there. Keep it up ;)

Last edited:

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • - Weakness/Resistance/RC symbols should be closer, vertical-wise, to their respective text. Also, try to make it so the symbols are centred (so the W symbol would be around Weakness, etc)
    ^ That still stands in Charmander.
    - Once again, sizes are too small. If you are going by Zeo's Tutorial, they aren't using Photoshop. Photoshop uses a pt system for sizes, everything else uses a standard size system I'd assume. Size 20 Bold in PSP is not Size 20 Bold in Photoshop. This goes for your attack titles, attack text and everything else as well. They're a tad small. If you look at real card, you'd notice straight away that the size of the number of damage isn't that small.
    - The placement of the text you used for Chikorita's Pokedex lore is a bit strange. 'gives' looks like it should be on the 1st line.
    - Any reason why the Illus. font with Chikorita is semi-green (or has lowered opacity, whatever)? Then again, not a huge issue so you can ignore this.

Overall, good improvement. Solid cards you have there. Keep it up ;)

Yeah, the Illus was just a screw up.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    All you really need to fix up now are the sizes. They are seriously too small, and I'm sure it isn't just me. And some other minor things, but they aren't too much to be bothered with.

Good work! Hope to see more from you soon.

Back