• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team TY

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    Well, heres my team kinda weird just a team that I put together with all Kanto pokemon.

Alakazam- Schazam
    Ability Sychronize
    Offensive Sweeper/ Speed Pokemon
    Nature- Quirky
    Highly Curious
    Item- Mind Plate- boosts Psychic moves
    Moveset
    Psybeam
    Psychic
    Recover
    Psycho Cut

Rhydon- Boulder
    Ability- Lightning Rod
    Wall/Defensive Sweeper/Revenge Killer
    Nature- Adamant
    Strongwilled
    Item- Muscle Band- boosts Physical attacks thought Thinking about switching to Focus Sash or Choice Bander style Pokemon.
    Moveset
    Hammer Arm
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    MegaHorn

Storm- Gyarados
    Ability Intimidate
    Physical Sweeper
    Hasty Nature
    Hates to lose
    Item Splash Plate- boosts water type
    MoveSet
    Surf
    WaterFall
    HyperBeam
    Hydro Pump

Jolteon- Volt
    Ability- Volt Absorb
    Speed Pokemon/Bulky Water Sweeper
    Nature Docile
    Good perseverance
    Item- Razor Claw
    MoveSet
    Quick Attack
    ThunderFang
    ThunderShock
    Pin Missile

Venusaur
    Ability Overgrow
    Special Sweeper/Bulky Grass idk
    Nature Sassy
    Item- None yet probably Life Orb
    MoveSet
    Leaf Storm
    Razor Leaf
    Sleep Powder
    Synthesis

Flame- Charizard
    Ability- Blaze
    Special Sweeper/All Around
    Docile nature
    Likes to thrash about
    Item- Charcoal
    MoveSet
    Fly
    Heat Wave
    Flamethrower
    FireBlast

Im open to any suggestions, Btw i dont have a Rhyperior is because I like the way Rhydon looks. I have Leaf Green and Platinum and I am open to battling to improve my team
    TY

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Timid > Quirky for Alakazam, natures that don't boost anything are never useful. Psycho Cut deals awful damage with Alakazam's poor Attack, so replace it with Focus Blast to help with Steel Pokemon, Tyranitar, etc. Signal Beam should swapped with Psybeam, you already have Psychic, and Alakazam isn't going to be PP stalling anytime soon due to its low defenses. Signal Beam hits things like Starmie, Celebi, etc. I suggest Substitute > Recover, Alakazam generally finds no time to recover, but Substitute helps you escape Scizor's Pursuit and protects yourself from Scarf Tyranitar's allowing you to Focus Blast afterward.

For Rhydon use Stealth Rock > Hammer Arm, Hammer Arm doesn't give any additional coverage and Stealth Rock is very useful as it helps with KOes, limits Dragonite, Gyarados, etc switch ins, and so on.

Dragon Dance is one of the main reasons to use Gyarados, otherwise Choice Band is the only other good offensive option. He has bad Special Attack, and really doesn't help it at all. Hyper Beam is a very gimmicky move that gives your opponent a free set up or switch in. So, DD > Surf, Stone Edge > Hydro Pump, and Earthquake or Bounce > Hyper Beam. Stone Edge allows you to hit enemy Gyarados, Zapdos, Dragonite, etc, Earthquake hits Empoleon, Metagross, and Magnezone, and Bounce gives a second STAB plus damages Celebi and Starmie. Now, Jolly nature can be used because Gyara is no longer using any special moves, but Adamant is preferred for power (Jolly only outruns Jolteon and Scarf Heatran). Leftovers or Life Orb would be more useful than Splash Plate in my opinion.

For Jolteon, Thunderbolt > Thundershock for power reasons and Shadow Ball > Thunder Fang so you damage Celebi, Rotom, etc. Hidden Power Ice or Grass > Quick Attack to hit Flygon, Gliscor, and Dragonite or Swampert, respectively. Lastly Charge Beam, Baton Pass, or Wish > Pin Missile; Charge Beam lets Jolteon sweep more easily, Baton Pass scouts switches, and Wish supports the team. Jolteon can't attack physically well due to its low Attack, it's best to focus on a Pokemon's higher stat unless both its offense stats are balanced. Timid nature can be used instead of Docile to outrun +1 Adamant Gyarados, Starmie, Azelf, etc. I recommend Life Orb or Choice Specs though (don't use Charge Beam with Specs though), Jolteon really needs all the power it can get and Razor Claw barely helps to be honest. Luck based items are banned sometimes too.

Sludge Bomb or Earthquake would probably be more useful instead of Razor Leaf for Venusaur, Sludge Bomb hits Grass-types that are immune to Leech Seed and EQ handles Heatran, Calm Mind Sub Raikou, other Steel-types somewhat.

Heatran and Infernape outclasses Charizard unless you don't utilize a Belly Drum set, and even then it is pretty difficult to pull off (plus you need Rapid Spin support).

Sorry if it's a bit long, don't have time to make a short version, but I did bold the changes.

Also, listing EVs is pretty important, so do that if you can.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    great team mate i think the gyrados was a good choice for a water type pokemon also make sure you evolve your Rydon.

Back