• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Broken' Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Anyone who battles has probably met Breloom at one point or another. In my humble opinion and as an adamant battler, I've come to the conclusion that Breloom is a broken Pokemon. Let's examine shall we?

First off, his ability to use the only 100% accurate sleep move, Spore. This first and foremost is what makes him broken. There should not be a 100% accurate sleep move at all. Period. End of Subject. Why do you think Hypnosis was reduced and the other moves aren't 100%? Why, because putting a Pokemon to sleep shouldn't just happen. Any Pokemon would have the ability to resist a little powder that would put it to sleep.

Second, his moveset. Substitute and Focus Punch. Once he's got the Pokemon asleep, he has a free shot to sub out and start throwing haymakers. Granted, Ghosts eliminate this threat, but once they're out of the picture, it's a concern. Even those resisted by fighting can't stand up for long against a STAB 150 power move. Not to mention his already beastly 130 base attack.

Third, depends on his last move, which is either leech seed or Seed Bomb. With Seed Bomb, he has the ability to hit Ghosts with a STAB 80 power move. If it has leech seed, it makes it damn near impossible to take down thanks to lastly....

It's fourth reason it's broken. Poison heal. Toss a toxic orb on Breloom and watch him rack up 1/8 of his health every turn. If he has leech seed up, good luck in KO'ing him short of a quick fire attacker.

Now, I'm not normally one to complain about Pokemon being broken. Hell, I never had a problem with Garchomp and for whatever reason, he was thrown up into Ubers, but hey, I guess with enough complaining, anything will get done. But in the end, I have to definitely say that Breloom is a broken Pokemon and needs to be fixed at a developer level.

Please, by all means dissect and give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about why you agree or disagree. Your argument without factual information is just an opinion, and like an *******, everyone has one and no one wants to see it (at least not here :P). So please, back up your responses with something a little more than just 'I agree' or 'I disagree'. Also, if you believe other Pokemon are broken, again please, voice your concerns. :)

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I agree that some people(like you) may think that breloom is broken but I think that Breloom is given crappy defenses, speed and typing just for that. With those crappy defenses and speed any fast flying pokemon with an average attack can OHKO it pretty easily.
    I think that Articuno IS REALLY broken. Firstly it has mind reader which makes the next attack hit with perfect accuracy. On top of that he has amazing defenses which means that he can't be OHKOed easily. Next he can use SHEER COLD to completely destroy the opponent. Now that is a pokemon that I consider broken.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I agree that some people(like you) may think that breloom is broken but I think that Breloom is given crappy defenses, speed and typing just for that. With those crappy defenses and speed any fast flying pokemon with an average attack can OHKO it pretty easily.
    I think that Articuno IS REALLY broken. Firstly it has mind reader which makes the next attack hit with perfect accuracy. On top of that he has amazing defenses which means that he can't be OHKOed easily. Next he can use SHEER COLD to completely destroy the opponent. Now that is a pokemon that I consider broken.

Switch in CB Aerodactyl on the turn it uses Mind Reader, and complete with a 4x SE STAB Stone Edge. Aero is way faster than it anyway, so outspeeding it shouldn't be a concern.
    Damage output?
    463 Atk vs 328 Def & 384 HP (100 Base Power): (159.38% - 187.50%)

Remove 50% due to Stealth Rock, and it's suddenly not that broken anymore (;

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Yeah... it's super awesomeness is mitigated by its typing...

Any fast flier can take it out no problem (which is why I have Thunderpunch on my Breloom =D)

Even anything faster that happens to know Aerial Ace doesn't have much problem unfortunately

Also... switch when Breloom uses spore... the Sleep Clause is active so it can't use Spore until the previous pokemon is ko'd/wakes up,which ruins its effectiveness... though you do get Focus Punched =P

Also I don't remember Hypnosis's accuracy ever being reduced (maybe from gen 1 to 2) but it was raised from gen 3 to 4...

Last edited:

Yaliw

Water/Steel/Fighting Trainer
    Years
  • I am completely owned by Breloom said:
    Competitively, only 1 pokemon can be put to sleep at any given time thus, when you see a breloom you switch to a pokemon you dont mind being asleep (Skarmory, Bronzong, etc) then switch into your revenger.. or a Slugma, which ever comes first

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Also I don't remember Hypnosis's accuracy ever being reduced (maybe from gen 1 to 2) but it was raised from gen 3 to 4...
    its accuracy is 65 i think, thats terribad. out of 20 times used my Gardevoir only hit them with it twice, so its not really a reliable move

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Wow, I never though of Breloom being a broken Pokemon. I never did liked it nor did I used it in battle because of it having a 4x weakness to flying time moves and it always get's KOed all the time.

:t354:TG

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Yeah well. I've found Brelooms as no problem at all. Though how you described it, it sounds very powerful. I always thought of it as an underused Pokemon so I don't find it broken.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hi guys. This thread is from 2009. Let's not post in it please.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back