• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Shadow Moves question

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Hello.

I'm in the process of creating my game, and I came up with 12 new shadow moves that I wish to use in my new game. Coming across the function codes however, I noticed a small section dedicated to only shadow move function codes.

My question is, if I am to make new shadow moves, am I required to use only those codes, or can I use the other codes available? I have some nice ideas, and I would prefer not to be restricted, if that's possible.

Should of mentioned this is merely programming within essentials i'm concerned about. not creative limits.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I believe what you saw is just a comment used to indicate a separation between the current shadow moves implemented and the other moves. So nothing prevents you from adding other shadow moves on your own.

Last edited:

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I appreciate that. Thanks. I have so many good ideas for my game. I hope I don't reach burnout or lose interest before it's done.

Back