• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Ash's old Pokemon revisited

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2019
    Ash has a pretty reasonable squadron of Pokemon hanging out at Oak's lab. They haven't really gotten much screen time since their respective seasons outside of a few random episodes between leagues (and the battle frontier).

I really liked finding out that Cyndaquil evolved a bit ago in one of those episodes, and I was hoping that the show might revisit some of Ash's older Pokemon at some point.

He's got some potentially very strong Pokemon just hanging out waiting for Ash to come back, and some of them are even capable of becoming Mega-evolved.

Do you think that these Pokemon will be revisited much, or are they forgotten?

I think a world-tournament arc, where Ash uses a bunch of his withheld roster to take gym leaders and old friends, would be perfect for this. Heck, he might even evolve something in the process!

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • They'll remain forgotten in the sense that they'll receive cameos at most every 5 years or so, which is the norm now. I don't see Ash bringing back any of them for tournaments since we rarely even get those these days outside of Leagues, and it's been 9 years since Ash withdrew his Oak'd Pokemon en masse for important battles. It's just not realistic to expect another Quilava scenario imo.

The cruel reality

Back