• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon Hourglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Hello there, welcome to the region of Serro, a mountainous land ravaged by pollution and waste.

Once a beautiful land, it is now marred by gangs and ne'er do wells who commits frightening acts of skullduggery and loitering! A Pokemon researcher and their grandchild have recently moved to Serro in order to study the region's pollution and its effects on wild Pokemon. By chance, they come upon a legendary Pokemon, and a grand adventure begins. Traveling to the past with the aid of the legendary Pokemon Celebi, can you save your future as you navigate the region's past gym challenge?

Spoiler:

Concept

I've got some ambitious goals for this game. I want to make something big, with features such as:

• Graphics: Figured I'd get this out of the way first. I'm planning on using Gen IV graphics. It's a pretty generation.

• Open World: You can travel to large swaths of the map early on in the game, allowing the player to choose where to go and what to accomplish freely. Trainers along the main roads will have lower-level Pokemon, but trainers off the beaten path tend to be more powerful. Be careful!

• Gyms: Inspired by the ROM hack Crystal Clear, the gyms will have their strength determined by how many badges you've acquired. If you have two badges, the gym leader will use fewer Pokemon at lower levels. If you have six badges, the gym leader will be much tougher. I'm also planning on using themes for the gyms that aren't based on types, such as a gym that exclusively uses fossil Pokemon or a gym that uses only Eeveelutions.

• Time travel: As was mentioned, you travel into the past. This will be used to travel to areas that are locked off in one of the time periods, as well as double the overall size of the game.

• New Pokemon forms: Due to the effects of extensive pollution and habitat destruction by humans, the Pokemon of the Serro region will have several new variant forms. Largely, there will be Pokemon with added Poison/Dark/Steel types.

Spoiler:

• Post-Game Content: I have a lot of ideas for post-game content. This will include events to catch legendary Pokemon from various generations, as well as a whole new set of gyms and Elite Four.

Mechanics

One of the main mechanics of the game will be the time travel mechanic, as mentioned previously. This will work by interacting with Shrines imbued with power by the Pokemon Celebi. The future and the Past will be counted as two separate regions, and you will be able to travel through different sections of each time period.

What I'm Looking For

Any and all help is always appreciated! I'm looking for people to work on sprites and tilesets. I'm terrible when it comes to art. I can edit things decently well, but creating something from scratch is nearly impossible for me. In particular, I need:

• Tilesets: Largely for the future version of Serros so that it looks polluted and ravaged. May also need tilesets for the various gyms.

• Characters: Mostly for characters and animations that can't be easily edited from existing characters.

• Pokemon: For the various variant vagrants running around the region! I can do minor edits, but a helping hand is always useful. I also may decide to add completely original Pokemon as well, but that's not a high priority at the moment.

Spoiler:

This game is still very early in its development cycle. I don't know how long the project will take me to complete, but I will do everything in my power to reach completion! Hopefully I've sparked a little interesting in these ideas, as I'd love to hear feedback from the community!

Back