• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Charizard! Pokemon Arcade Shooter - Recruiting

LixGames

LixGames.com
Years
  • Charizard! The only "Real Time Twin Stick Arcade Pokemon Trading Card Game Shooter" there is!

LogoBigNew_spr.png

Intro:
    I have been working on a Pokemon arcade game for some time now and thought it would be good to get some feedback, its around 90% completed, I'm basically just debugging. Anyway no one wants to read a massive block of text, they want to play Pokemon games so this thread will be short and sweet.

Charizard is the only real time twin stick arcade Pokemon Trading Card Game shooter (RTTSAPTCGS) that exists!

If your new to the RTTSAPTCGS genre I strongly suggest you start with Charizard!

Just a few of the many features:

• Over 100 intense levels guaranteed to keep you so busy you wont actually know if you are having fun or not!

• Battle all 151 base set Pokemon, 8 gym leaders and the Elite Four to become the ultimate RTTSAPTCGS Pokemon Master!

• Level up your skills and weapons, find secret bonus levels and try to avoid murdering the poor little Diglett!

• Vivid beautiful colors all over the place that will make your eyes thank you!

• TM drops to give you special ability's and rare drops from final evolution's!
    Charizard is in the final stages of development but you can play the first 24 levels right now!

Scroll down for download and don't forget to leave feedback so I can make this awesome :D

Game Play Gallery:

ScreenshotForForum3.png

ScreenshotForForum2.png

ScreenshotForForum1.png

Xbox 360 Controller is recommended for the best twin stick arcade experience.
    Alternatively, Keyboard and Mouse or Touch Screen controls will work.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated and constructive feedback will get you a link for the next 25 levels :D

Download:
    Windows - No install, just click to play! - 144mb - 1.0.0.22

Windows - Full Installer - 149mb - 1.0.0.22

Android - apk file - 144mb - 1.0.0.8

MAC - untested - please request a copy
    Linux - untested - please request a copy
    IOS - lol no

I
    f you want to beta test the full game and other games that are in development let me know :)

I have a small team and a few games on the go, but I'm looking for anyone who has experience in any of the following fields:

• Gm Studio Pro
    • Sprite animation
    • Dialogue and story writing
    • Video game music production

12/21/2015 - Charizard 1.0.0.50 changes:
    Added a load after death option
    • Added TM rewards for beating each gym leader
    • Fixed TM-02 to push back projectiles as well as pokemon
    • Changed knockbacks depending on pokemons weight
    • Added death sound effects and music
    • Fixed Tutorial and added music
    • Fixed Raichu's Thunderbolt attack
    • Made Raichu quicker
    • Less Staryu attacks before Starmie appears during misty encounter
    • Fixed bug where game didn't write Diglett score properly to save file during evolution's
    • Removed all knockback from Abra and its evolution's
    • Fixed various bugs with fire spin attack not affecting certain pokemon
    • Made later stages harder
    • Added Sh*tty Charmander easter egg (Hold L then I and X at start menu)
    • Added unique arenas for each Elite Four battle

Credits:
    Made using GM Studio Pro by Lix of Lixgames.com
    Music from Pokemon Red and Blue
    Big shout out to Rob Fearon for scripts and massive inspiration and for generally being awesome.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    That was awesome!! I love shooters, although i finished the 25 levels in about half hour... need much more levels :)

LixGames

LixGames.com
    Years
  • That was awesome!! I love shooters, although i finished the 25 levels in about half hour... need much more levels :)

Heh thanks :D yeah it's not meant to be a game that takes all your time, just a jump in and jump out game. I'll send you a link for the next 50 levels, tell me what you think!

Back