• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon evolution questions...

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2018
    Hello! I have just joined this forum and would like to ask you a few questions regarding Pokémon evolution.

1: Do you believe Pokémon are in pain during the evolution process?
    2: Do you believe Pokémon are able to "evolve themselves?" (In other words, do you believe that a Pokémon could theoretically reshape its own body during evolution by pushing, pulling, stretching, reforming, etc. its body parts into those of its evolved form?)

Years
  • Do you believe Pokémon are in pain during the evolution process?
    I would say no, since most Pokemon seem to be perfectly fine right after evolution, with most of them being happy about the change immediately after. The only time they might be in pain is while under mega evolution, if some of the Pokedex entries are to be believed. Mega evolution is a little more unnatural, and probably temporary because the Pokemon might be in a bit of discomfort, even if it heightens their battling abilities.

Do you believe Pokémon are able to "evolve themselves?" (In other words, do you believe that a Pokémon could theoretically reshape its own body during evolution by pushing, pulling, stretching, reforming, etc. its body parts into those of its evolved form?)
    If Pokemon were real, there would be lots of little variances between them, much like our own real-world animals. I don't believe they have the ability to morph their bodies during the evolution process, but I think it's very much possible that some Pokemon could look wildly different from each other, even if they're of the same species.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2018
    Ok I have another question In The show Pokemon can evolve during battle why can't Pokemon in the games do the same?

Back