• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Pokemon Emerald Rom

Years
  • I just started trying to make some changes to pokemon Emerald and everything has been going well until now. One of two things is happening. I either get a crash message that says "The game has crashed with the following error: Jumped to invalid address 1C101C10. The second thing is the trainer will just say his already defeated text and wont start the battle.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x360 0x0 @introText @winText
    msgbox @alreadyDefeated 0x6
    release
    end

#org @alreadyDefeated
    = That prize is sure to be yours\nwith that kind of strength.

#org @winText
    = Guess my pokemon couldn't hold\ntheir ground!

#org @introText
    = Do you feel the ground shaking?

That is the script for the first issue.

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start

trainerbattle 0x1 0x368 0x0 @introText @winText @continue
    msgbox @alreadyDefeated 0x6
    release
    end

#org @continue
    release
    end

#org @alreadyDefeated
    = Good fight!

#org @winText
    = That was fun!

#org @introText
    = Hellow lets fight!

That is the script for the second issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Years
  • Because Your'e Using the same Pointer(@)
    example. You use @Alreadybattle
    You can't use it again...
    Explanation For that is because..
    If you Compile two Script with the same pointer(@) you will get the same Pointer example

script 1: #org 0x8528407
    script 2: #org 0x8528407

The script thinks that it's already executed.
    maybe change your Offset,
    or Change the pointer every script.

Example.
    @a1, @a2, @a3, @a4 and so on.
    It's a bit Confusing but it will clean your Work...And make less trial and error..that's it..if isn't work..Sorry :p

Years
  • I just tried to change it to what you suggested it it still is giving me the same error. This is like the 12th trainer I have added to the game so not sure what would be making it not work now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I figured it out you can't go over a certain amount of trainers. Not sure the exact number but in advanced trainer the number for the ID is 35F.

Back